Not new, but it's my first time on the forums :)

Options
Hi, as it says in the title, I'm not new to MFP, I'm just a lone lurker. I don't really use forums but I think it would be good if I did — keeping me accountable and all that, I suppose.

My name's Molly, I'm on a lot of meds that keep me gaining weight, and I definitely do not need that *kitten* in my life haha. I'm hoping that using MFP consistently will bring my weight down and my mood up.

94868791.png

Replies

• bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey molly
    I think that the one thing you'll find here is a lot of support. Losing weight can help you to look and feel better. Not sure what Meds. your on? You need to look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you deserve what you want. There are people out in the world that do care about you and are willing to help. They to feel some of the pains you are going through. You hold the keys to your happiness no matter what others in your past have put you through. Do what you need to do for you.
  • P13C35
    P13C35 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am new to the community aspect of this program, but not MFP itself. I too take many Meds that have weight gain as a side effect. I decided today is the first day back to MFP after gaining all the weight I lost. Decided to do a shout out to find others that know the frustration of having to take Meds that mess w weight, and found you!
    This program does work to lose weight, even if on on Meds, I speak from experience with the program. I lost 80 lbs in 2 years sticking w MFP. I know generally which of my Meds add what average of weight. It sucks cuz have to be on them. They add about 75 lbs to base weight, so I hear ya.
    Just wanted to start solid this time and try the community aspect of the program. Losing weight can be done here, even if Meds slow down metabolism. I find it helpful to know that losing weight is possible, but may not be as fast as wanted, mainly cuz of fighting side effect; but it does happen and does work.