PESKY FRUIT FLIES??? EASY WAY TO COMBAT THEM....

Options
Passing this on from a FB friend- IT WORKS VERY WELL!

It's that time again for Fruit Flies. Start setting your traps out now and keep those pests in control. 1/2 cup cider vinegar with 1-3 drops of liquid dish soap will attract them and they drown in it. Change every couple days.

Replies

• joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. My hsband says its from the bananas. I buy them every week. But they have got worse in the past 2 weeks! Thanks!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I put any type of juice or alcohol in a glass, cover with saran wrap, poke a couple little holes in it, and they fly in, but can't get out, eventually drowning.
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good tips!!!
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I could have used that last week on vacation. We had fruit flies in the trailer. :OP Ugh! I'll keep that tip handy or future reference. Thanks!!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I put any type of juice or alcohol in a glass, cover with saran wrap, poke a couple little holes in it, and they fly in, but can't get out, eventually drowning.

I've tried this too- and yes, it works very effectively too- but I had a hard time getting the holes the right size- either not big enough or too big-
    I was VERY skeptical about this one- leaving it uncovered- but it was equally effective. And I tried it withOUT the dish soap.
    Don't skip the dish soap- without it, it is just a bar for the fruit flies to get sloshed I guess.