Fitbit Tracker Users

Options
I'm interested in knowing how you all experience has been using Fitbit....

Replies

• Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just got mine on Saturday. So far so good. Looking for friends though. The challenges sound fun.
  • mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Longtime user.
    It can be fooled if you put your mind to it. Dangling hand out window while driving, hand motion (doing laundry) or rocking chair can give you false steps. Im using blaze with HR tracker.
    I find it irreplacable. For me its about measuring activity level and making sure I burn enough after I cave to a slice of chocolate cake (as in I managed to walk it off). Or I can use it to know when I can ramp up or down calorie intake.
    I like that hand werk fools it as I can spend day doing home repairs with little walking and still get a measure of my activity level.
    The real time measurent on Blaze lets me know when its time to walk back home.
    Lastly, the heart moniter helps me know if I hit target HR when I was seriously training.
    Today the 12k + steps told me it was ok to have that chocolate cake.... hmmm with milk & coffee

Addendum: When I cant wear it (not allowed watch, doing dishes or wearing a fancier watch), I throw it into a pant pocket and it still counts
  • mwopm3
    mwopm3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for years and have fun with it. I have a group of friends that I'm competitive with. It actually makes me think about going out of my way to walk further. I park in the far lot, I'll walk around the block, extra walks with the dog. My Fitbit isn't very accurate though which is my main complaint. I walked to my sisters, which google maps says is 2.9 miles, but my Fitbit only gives me 2 miles. When I walk with friends, we compare before & after and I always have a significantly less steps and mileage.
    Oh well, at least I'm moving!
  • antyp
    antyp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Fitbit! I feel like I just have to make it to that 10k goal. I went from sitting all day behind a desk and a long commute to walking 10k steps. It's not easy. I didn't realize how little I moved until I began using it. I was between 2-3k steps which is horrible. The reminders to move and just seeing all my circles turn green make me very happy. I live for my little fireworks celebration once I hit my goal. I have the Alta and I can't imagine a day without it anymore. Would love some friends to compete with! :#
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit - such a fantastic tool.
  • mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I thin it depends on what you are looking for in a fitness band. I try to work out regularly and walk a lot but I am not by any means a gym rat or a fitness pro. I have the fitbit HR, have had it since last November and I have no complaints other than I WISH it was water proof it would be great to see my heart rate while swimming (especially because it takes all of my energy to even do a few short laps. good luck
  • mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    mel35645 wrote: »
    I thin it depends on what you are looking for in a fitness band. I try to work out regularly and walk a lot but I am not by any means a gym rat or a fitness pro. I have the fitbit HR, have had it since last November and I have no complaints other than I WISH it was water proof it would be great to see my heart rate while swimming (especially because it takes all of my energy to even do a few short laps. good luck

I think they came out with a new one. Waterproof. Check website

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR. It's good, but like others have said, it can be very inaccurate. So I wear the fitbit, and a regular pedometer. I only take my actual steps from the pedometer because it only counts steps, and not arm movements like the fitbit.
  • Fattygettingthinner16
    Options
    mwopm3 wrote: »
    I've been using it for years and have fun with it. I have a group of friends that I'm competitive with. It actually makes me think about going out of my way to walk further. I park in the far lot, I'll walk around the block, extra walks with the dog. My Fitbit isn't very accurate though which is my main complaint. I walked to my sisters, which google maps says is 2.9 miles, but my Fitbit only gives me 2 miles. When I walk with friends, we compare before & after and I always have a significantly less steps and mileage.
    Oh well, at least I'm moving!

Is your stride length correct? I remember when I set mine up I had to give my stride length. If yours is that far out it might be worth resetting it.

My Fitbit is a One and I wouldn't be without it now. I absolutely love knowing exactly what I've done and when I need to do more. Being signed up with friends really helps too.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've been using my Fitbit One for nearly 4 years and I just love it. I think it's more accurate than the wrist ones based on what I've heard other people say about theirs.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and I love it. I don't like to wear bracelets so a wrist worn tracker didn't appeal to me. It definitely motivates me to be more active and I find that mine gives me a pretty accurate adjustment.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I love it. Before this one I had the Flex but I really wanted something that would keep some monitor on HR as well. If nothing else it motivates me to get up and moving around.
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    antyp wrote: »
    The reminders to move and just seeing all my circles turn green make me very happy. I live for my little fireworks celebration once I hit my goal. I have the Alta and I can't imagine a day without it anymore. Would love some friends to compete with! :#

Agreed! Feel free to add me. I don't know how to add people on Fitbit. Lol. Alishia.owens@charter.net is the email I used if that helps. :)