PLEASE HELP!!!

Options
I'm 209 5'10 goal weight 185 in 4 months. What should my protein carbs and fat be??? Wanna lose weight gain lean muscle help please I'm getting married in January and I bought my dress to small intentionally! I know crazy crazy but it's a huge goal

Replies

• Bmiller1975
    Bmiller1975 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • Bmiller1975
    Options
    :(
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I found good success using the setup described here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

But it's important to keep in mind that there are a lot of different macro combinations that work for people. Play around and see what works best for you.
  • raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Have you filled out your profile yet? Activity Level makes a difference. This is calculated for you. As diannethegeek said you can also fine tune but first see the percentage that MFP sets up as a beginner.
  • Bmiller1975
    Options
    Thanks for replying no I haven't my sis n law suggested my fitness pal but I'm trying to understand macros I'm lost she said I need 200 grams of protein idk how to fit that into my diet. Can someone explain it to me I'm lost!!!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Watch extreme weight loss ... do what they do

Seriously though, go speak with your doctor or a nutritionist and get real advice 99% of the people on here are Google experts and not professionals at all.
  • Bmiller1975
    Options
    Ok thanks very much
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    34 pounds in 4 months is optimistic. Not unreasonable, but you will probably need more help than MFP and Google and provide to you. Talk to your doctor, explain your goals, and be ready to deal with some severe restrictions on diet. You SIL's 200g protein suggestion is probably untenable, as that means 800 calories per day of protein, and you're looking at (likely--this is pure SWAG on my part) somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300-1400 calories per day. Getting nutrition and satiety while eating 2/3 of your calories in protein is going to be a challenge.

tl;dr: talk to your doctor about how to accomplish your goals, and be ready to work really hard for it.
  • theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    There are a number of guidelines on the web for managing macros. Generally, what I've found works and works for a number of folks are higher protein, enough good fat and low carbs but you have to find what is best for you. Like Tedebearduff says, seek out a nutritionist, coach, doctor or other professional. If you work with a personal trainer, check their credentials.

Jeff
  • Bmiller1975
    Options
    Thanks guys I appreciate your insight. But does anyone know the ratio for the amount of carbs protein and fat I should intake to achieve this goal? ☺️
  • SliverBulletsUK
    SliverBulletsUK Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your activity levels and your goals.

Just starting out, your macros don't matter as much, move more and eat less is effectively what you need to do.

Set your profile up, see what your calorie goal is then don't go over. The rest isn't as important right now.
  • agent220
    agent220 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 30lbs in 3 months by exercising to burn between 400-600 cal per day 6x per week (mostly cardio with moderate weight lifting), While keeping my intake at about 1800-2000 cal per day. I tracked EVERYTHING. I'm only 5'6, so you will probably have a higher TDEE and BMR than I do so you may want to go around 2000-2200 or just burn fewer calories and eat less. I aim for a macros of 35% protein 25% Fat, 40% carbs (including beverages which I mainly drink water, coffee, and booze with fruit juices). It worked really well for me, gice it a try and see how you like it. good luck!
  • Bmiller1975
    Options
    Thanks silverbullet that's what I have been doing eating 1400 calories a day let me tell u my day of eating.

Breakfast: protein shake with 3 strawberries water ice ground flax seed, 1/2 cup of egg whites with tomatoes spinach onions and bell peppers 1/2 avocado

Snack: 1 orange 20 almonds

Lunch: baked tilapia with onion herbs bell pepper lenon, 1/3 cup of sweet potatoe steamed broccoli

Snack: walnuts apple

Dinner: same protein shake
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's not WHAT you eat but HOW MUCH. Too much protein shake will take you over.

It is allowed to eat normal food. That lunch sounds delicious. Lots of veggies which is good.
  • Bmiller1975
    Options
    So limit to one protein shake a day? What do u have for breakfast?
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    So if your goal is 1400 how much are you actually eating?

Basically your macros, protein, fat and carbs, are important but not that much. They are fuel sources for your body and they have their uses in different ways. The protein will help you with building and repairing muscle but I'd your goal is to lose weight then you need to eat less and move more. The individual macros won't matter as much right now.

For example if you are 5000 cals of fruit or veg or protein. You would still gain weight if you didn't burn it off.

For you right now, your goal should be forming good habits that you can maintain.

If your wedding is in January you want something sustainable that can survive the holiday period and meals out etc.

Just having protein shakes won't really cut it.

Look at planning your days and weeks in advance and having a balanced diet.

I've sent you a friend request tlif you want any help or to go over anything . Good luck
  • SliverBulletsUK
    Options
    Should stress they are Important, but right now focus on cico
  • Bmiller1975
    Options
    Please send another I don't have it!!!! I need ur help UK LOL