Starting my journey, looking for friends

Options
I'm starting my weight loss journey, again. A few years back I was doing great, keeping track of my eating and workouts, but like always I got distracted lost that motivation and stopped watching.

I've now reached the point that I'm done sitting around watching my life go by while being unhappy with my body image. I'm ready to change my habits and better my life.

I'm looking for followers and supporters to help guide me and encourage me along my way!! I'm trying to set small goal a little at a time... 10 lbs by Halloween, maybe another 5 by thanksgiving, all with the overall goal of eventually losing around 65lbs.

Replies

• jil13
    jil13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'd love to have a support buddy! My story is similar to yours too.. I'd love to chat! -Jill
  • emmadelavega
    emmadelavega Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here! About 3 years ago I was doing great and lost 65lbs!! Unfortunately, I have gained 20 of it back. I'm looking to lose about 40lbs now and small goals worked for me before. Please feel free to add me... Any motivation helps!!
  • Fattygettingthinner16
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this and started a couple of days ago so glad to have friends to help each other along the way. I'm looking to lose 150lbs but my short term goal is 30lbs by Christmas. I can make it happen and so can you! Will request you.
  • StephanieYoung73
    Options
    Same boat here. I have always been on the diet roller coaster. But over the past 2 years I have gone above and beyond gaining everything I have ever lost and then some. I am at the highest point I have ever been, and I am just so disappointed in myself. I have decided I am not going to try any more programs - I just need to do this the right way and not spend hundreds of dollars I really don't have to spend in the first place!
  • monyea
    monyea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    3 years ago I lost 40lbs using MFP. I have gained it all back, and then some. I'm 75 and limited on the exercise that I can do. I am very depressed.
  • Loriebick
    Loriebick Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Add me in. My story is similar. Was in great shape in 2012, even ran my own indoor cycling studio, but then LIFE happened! Now after losing my mom and two younger siblings, one of whom I wss a caregiver during her fight with cancer, and my own knee replacement surgery last November, well I don't recognize that strong, fit woman from 2012! I would love to rediscover her, but I know that being connected to others who are working on goals is a must for staying on track!

So yes, friend me and we will all cheer each other on during the good days and give encouragement on the days we struggle, are less than perfect, or just feel frustrated. Sometimes it is just that word of support, "me too" that can turn a rough day around. Life is a roller coaster sometimes, but I for one am determined to enjoy the ride!
  • scgirlincolorado
    scgirlincolorado Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: Would be glad to give some encouraging words and listen. Also need someone to remind me that a stack of Pringles is not a single serving... :smiley:
  • delboy604
    delboy604 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good on you. Good luck
  • BreonnaQueen
    BreonnaQueen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We all fall off our fitness journey sometimes! Welcome back! Feel free to add me! <3
  • HiteshMaverick
    HiteshMaverick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm also new to MFP and looking for friends...Good luck on your goal :)
  • dreamervirgo
    dreamervirgo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful words of encouragement!! It means so much to me.

Have a great one!!
  • Marymags808
    Marymags808 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I just signed up with my local gym for a 12 week program. Not sure whether this is the right timing what with the holidays almost here but it is the right time for me. My short term goal is to lose 10 to 15 lbs by 10/21 which is my birthday. Be nice to fit into something I haven't worn in awhile! Good luck to all and I hope we can all keep each other motivated.
  • cyndistoller
    cyndistoller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to all this. I'm good for a couple weeks then stop. I know I need this for myself I want to feel better.....need to stay on track!!!
  • syd354
    syd354 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to all this, although I've been logging my calorie consumption for almost a year. However, I'm now determine to lose at least 70 lbs and start eating better and cleaner. I could use some support buddies. Please feel free to add me.
  • lnbe1998
    lnbe1998 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals! Feel free to add me, anyone :)
  • Mamzelc606
    Mamzelc606 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This sounds like me :) Looking for friends too, add me people!
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Like most of you, getting back to me and trying to lose the weight I put back on after working so hard to lose it. Single, professional mom with 3 kids...definitely need support and encouragement and will give it back as well. Please add me!
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    On, off, on, off - I sometimes compare myself to a lightswitch with this journey. But with friends, it seems like it is so much easier. Feel free to add me - anyone!