Gastric sleeve question

Options
angelicanbrissett
angelicanbrissett Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi so im having gastric sleeve done this month and im wondering what should i start eatinf now to help me lose 14 lbs beofre my weight in next week???? any suggestions you guys have would be great TIA

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Not sure 14 pounds is a healthy goal for a week, but I think my mom was on 800 calories a day after her sleeve surgery. Did your doctor have you change your diet months prior to the surgery date? The change is not just for weight loss, but also to see that you are committed to the new lifestyle.

ETA: Consult your doctor, make him/her earn the money they're getting.
  • angelicanbrissett
    Options
    i have 2 weeks to lose the 14 lbs and im going to start a all liquid diet but i need to know how much veggies i can eat with that
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    i have 2 weeks to lose the 14 lbs and im going to start a all liquid diet but i need to know how much veggies i can eat with that

This is a question for your medical team, not random people online.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »

This is a question for your medical team, not random people online.

Totally agree with that. You are looking for answers in the wrong place. Ask your doctor.
  • carpe_vinum
    carpe_vinum Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was just sleeved on 8/11. A full liquid diet is just that - liquids only. You cannot have any other foods during the pre-op diet.
    Did your doctor and/or nutritionist not fully discuss this with you?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This close to your surgery, you should have a decent stack of print-outs telling you exactly what you should be eating. If you're looking to crash-diet to make weight for a major life-changing operation, that's not a good sign. It's not like a test at school where you can just cram the day before.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    This is not going to go well.

I really really hope this is a joke :#
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You would need a 3500 calorie deficit every day for two weeks to lose 14 pounds. You will lose some water weight, but if you think that's manageable, well... would you like to buy my unicorn?
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Is the 14 pound weight loss a requirement for the surgery? If it is, you may need to postpone the surgery until you can lose that weight. Call the nutritionist you're working with to see what you can do. I'm getting my sleeve done at the end of November, so I know what you're going through. I wish you good luck. Send me a friend request. It would be great for us to be able to offer each other some support.
  • cubalz
    cubalz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Had this same surgery 3 years ago. When they say all liquid diet, that was all I had...all liquid protein shakes. The purpose was to quickly shrink the size of the liver (fatty liver disease) prior to surgery. It gives the surgeon(s) more room to work for sure. Don't know if there is any other purpose to it. I can tell you that I felt horrible by the end of that all liquid diet.

Definitely consult your surgeon/dietician as they can/will/should answer ALL your questions. A board is not the place to prepare for major surgery.