discouraged and confused

destiny150
destiny150 Posts: 48
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
I have been exercising hard for the last few months and I don't see a big change on the scale. I have also been trying to eat right but obviously I am not doing something right. Please take a look at my food/exercise diary and give me so advise. I can really use it right now. I exercise on Mon and Wed burning 500 calories (heartrate monitor), Tues. and Thurs mornings I do yoga for about an hour along with some pilate (stretching), on Tues and Thurs in the afternoon I do boot camp for an hour burning 500 plus calories. On Friday I have a gym circuit class that burns over 500 calories and then on Sat I have boot camp again at 6:30 in the morning burning over 500 calories. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    It's not open to view...
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    I can't see your diary, but I'm going to guess that you are building muscle, which weighs more than fat. It is really helpful to take your measurements and see how they change. The scales only tell part of the story.
  • destiny150
    I have change setting so that Myfittnesspal members can see.
  • destiny150
    its open now to myfitnesspal.com members
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Make sure you are taking measurements every couple of weeks. I would downsized how often I weigh at this point, bc if you are gaining muscle the scale will discourage you. Don't forget to make sure your eating your recommended daily calorie intake. You don't have to eat the added calories that you gain by exercising, but if you arent eating your recommended daily intake it can stall your progress. Don't forget to change your workout routine on a monthly basis as well. Your body becomes use to the routine and will plataue on weightloss.

Don't get discouraged, you are doing a greatt job. Don't give up, and leave that scale alone for a couple weeks or so. Just use your measurements for now.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Still not open to view...
  • destiny150
    Ok i think it is open now, so surf away. Tell me what you guys think that will help.
  • I completely agree with what they are saying about the measurements. so far since I started, I've lost and gained two pounds, but my measurements have dropped almost a whole inch in one specific place.
    also, I could be wrong but I looked briefly at your diary and it looks like you're working your body like crazy (which is more self discipline than I have), but not giving it the nutrients to bring it back from so much work. you're eating healthy, but not enough, in my non-professional opinion.
    keep your chin up! whether or not you're seeing pounds fall off, you're absolutely making your body healthier!
  • destiny150
    Thanks so much everybody. I have some encouragement this morning. I got on that scale after eating a 2 piece fried chicken dinner with a biscuit from Popeyes instead of cake for my birthday on yesterday and got on the scale this morning, reluctantly, and lost 2 pounds. Could my body be telling me it needs more fuel. I pretty much did not each much after the chicken because I was feeling guilty about that. I don't eat fried foods a whole lot but occassionally I crave fried chicken. I am loving it. Thanks again guys.
This discussion has been closed.