Stretch marks :(

Options
It's said that nearly everyone has them and they aren't a big deal, however THERE IS NOTHING I HATE MORE ON MY BODY than my stretch marks. I've lost roughly 45-50 lbs and my tummy has tons of them and I feel like I just never will be a normal 22 year old. How can I fade them? Come to terms with them? Will guys be Gross's out by them? Help

Replies

• jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I've had them pretty bad since I was 15 and got more over the years. It mortified me back then and was probably my biggest insecurity even over being overweight, but now I've come to accept them because I have to. They do fade over time but never go away completely. Any man that really loves you will accept all of you, and if not, he's not the one for you anyway.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    trishope wrote: »
    It's said that nearly everyone has them and they aren't a big deal, however THERE IS NOTHING I HATE MORE ON MY BODY than my stretch marks. I've lost roughly 45-50 lbs and my tummy has tons of them and I feel like I just never will be a normal 22 year old. How can I fade them? Come to terms with them? Will guys be Gross's out by them? Help

No, at least no one worth your time.
  • amyjoan1
    amyjoan1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know it's not easy not to like something you can't change about yourself but if you can play it like you're ok with your body even if your not they will most likely be ok too. And yes some guys actually like em wich I know sounds weird. I think we're usually more critical of ourself. I'm right there with you I know it's easier said but hopefully u can find someone to accept you for you- good and bad
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Most people have them. I have them on my booty, my inner thighs. Nothing really helps other than stretch mark treatment (Palomar laser treatment is the only one that's actually proven to work...all others are scams) Try to stay moisturized to lessen the appearance, but nothing will make them go away. Accept them. Guys will not think they are gross, I promise you.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Google lemon for stretch marks

I've read about it I don't know if it works.
  • delboy604
    delboy604 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Never worry about what others think of you. Those who matter to you will not judge no matter what.
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    trishope wrote: »
    Will guys be Gross's out by them? Help

I can't say anything about how to fade them, but no man who will care about stretch marks is worth your time. I met my boyfriend online, and eventually we're going to move in together. However, right now he is taking care of his mother, and no one else will. I joked a lot that I was "700 lbs" and needed to be removed from the house with a forklift, and I asked him if he would still love me. And he always replied that he would. Even with the (gross to me) pictures of myself were sent to him, he didn't flinch. Let me tell you, I was quite terrified that he wouldn't want to stay with me when we did that first skype video call.

Bottom line is, when someone truly loves you, the only reason they'd care about your weight or looks, would be if it threatened your health.
  • kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion on my own belly stretch marks:

Stretch marks are like wrinkles. They tell a story. Mine tell the story of a 12 year old who started turning to food for multiple reasons. The story changed when I was 19 and met my husband. We got married, and three months after I turned 20, I had our sweet girl while being over weight with a few stretch marks prior to pregnancy. Yes, I got some more from being pregnant, but that was expected. I thought I was going to lose the baby weight and more.....which I did to a small extent. Then life happened...my husband and I have been through almost everything except losing our daughter and having our house burned down. Again, I turned to food and again, my stretch marks grew. I hated them. DESPISED them...but now I have accepted them. They may fade with time as I continue losing weight, but in a weird way, I wouldn't mind if they stayed. They are my "tiger stripes"....they match my 3 grey hairs and crows feet. They remind me of who I was in multiple ways...they remind me of how far I have come, and how far I had gone and let myself go. My husband doesn't pay attention to them, or the fat dimples behind my knees, the various scars from injuries (nothing self inflicted...just a tom boy at heart) and he is in denial of my greys (He swears they are blonde, even after yanking one out and comparing to another blonde one). As others have said, if he cares about you and accepts you for who you are, he won't pay attention to your "flaws" (guys have flaws and doubts like we women do....they just typically don't voice them and I know that I personally am not one to pay attention to their "flaws").

I'll be completely honest- once I have lost more weight and can actually wear a 2 piece swimsuit that exposes my belly, I'm owning that *kitten*. I don't care if my stretch marks show or not. If someone else doesn't like seeing them, they can suck it and look somewhere else.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Guy's perspective. Somewhere Out There is a guy who will fall in love with the total you not just how you look. What you have to realize is there's no such thing as a normal 22 year old. Everybody has their imperfections or self-perceived faults. We are Our Own Worst Enemy as far as judging ourselves.

My suggestion to you is Learn To Love Yourself with your self-perceived imperfections. Once you learn to love yourself that'll be expressed in ways you don't realize and guys will be attracted to you no matter what your imperfections are.

One last thing any guy who would meet you and be turned off completely because of your stretch marks is a douche.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Any man worth your love will not care about stretch marks. Having said that, I had my last (of 3) baby 18 years ago, and my stretch marks are very faded, to a silvery grey. Barely noticeable.

Find someone who loves you for who you are, my friend.