Is this ok?

Options
jarablue
jarablue Posts: 127 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I walked 9 miles today for exercise (831 calories burned). 1300+831. I have a 1300 calorie per day limit. Ate 1794 in food and have 338 calories left. I am 6'1 216 pounds. And I feel full as crap after eating a nice chicken breast with skin and brussel sprout dinner. The thing is, does this sound like a normal day to you? Should I be eating those extra 338 calories left? I don't want to and I feel full. What do you guys think?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    save it and have two extra alcoholic drinks on Friday
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    1300 seems extremely low for 6'1. If you are truly satiated for today, and you are certain you measured your calories correctly, I'd bank those calories for a day you're not so lucky.
  • jarablue
    Options
    I'll save it and have my body burn off that much more fat. I don't drink :)

Sound good?
  • jarablue
    Options
    1300 seems extremely low for 6'1. If you are truly satiated for today, and you are certain you measured your calories correctly, I'd bank those calories for a day you're not so lucky.

Yeah. I am wicked tight with logging. Have to be to lose 30 by 2017. 1300 is low for 6'1 but I have been doing it fine for the past 4 months. I just exercise when I want to eat more.

Thanks! :)
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm usually pretty hungry the day AFTER a long walk or hike so maybe you'll be glad for those banked calories tomorrow! :)
  • jarablue
    Options
    The body works on a weekly clock when burning calories right? I always think that if I don't eat them that day, they are gone. But it is a weekly schedule the body burns fat correct?

Oreos tomorrow Sara!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    The body doesn't really keep a nice tidy schedule. It's long term consistency that matters. Most people just use a weekly view as it's more flexible and doesn't affect results long term as long as, key word again, you remain consistent.
  • BrokeBirkin
    BrokeBirkin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I actually have this same problem with being full before I reach my calorie intake for the day, doing a weekly bank seems perfect since I usually give myself 1 day that I can go over (but keep within maintaining) and I feel the weekly thing would work better for this!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    jarablue wrote: »

Sound good?

You do know that when you lose weight you lose fat+lean muscle mass. Large deficits make it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. That's the trade off for fast(er) weight loss.

How are you calculating your calorie burn? Some estimates can be generous.
  • jarablue
    edited September 2016
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Sound good?

You do know that when you lose weight you lose fat+lean muscle mass. Large deficits make it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. That's the trade off for fast(er) weight loss.

How are you calculating your calorie burn? Some estimates can be generous.

I've gone from 296lbs Dec 15 of 2015 to 216lbs today. I am putting in 9 miles of walking at 3.5 MPH per day. I move at a good rate on the ground. I map my distance with googles walking maps. I don't use gps because they haven't been accurate. I first do 4 miles and time it. Then I do 5 miles in the afternoon and time that. I am sure I've lost some muscle. But the energy I have now and the health problems that are no more, diabetes type 2, hypertension, sleep apnea, are all gone. Well worth whatever loss of muscle I've had. I am trying (WILL) to get to 185 by Dec 31st.

I need to lose 30 pounds in a little under 16 weeks. That is 1.8 pounds per week. I am fairly confident that is an attainable goal. I just have to work my *kitten* off.

What I have been doing is eating a very light breakfast, a protein bar and diet coke for lunch, water (gallon or more throughout the day) and then dinner. At the end of the day I am at 1300 calories. Then add on my exercise that I can eat back. I have been doing this for a whole year with no issue. The only thing that gets to me is the night time cravings. But I have been drinking flavored water. Kinda keeps the hunger at bay and also keeps my hands busy.

The weight loss is one thing, but the mental fortitude that I have gained from doing this is something that will stay with me forever. Getting off my *kitten* was one of the best decisions I have ever made!
  • jarablue
    edited September 2016
    Options
    http://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/speed_distance_time_calc.html. This website does a decent job at calculating how fast in mph distance is traveled. This morning I did 4.2 miles to work in 1 hour and 8 minutes. That is 3.7 mph according to that site. I just start my stopwatch (on android phone) and then stop it when done. Using google walking maps to map out 4 or 5 miles. I find that way to be the most accurate.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I walked 9 miles today for exercise (831 calories burned). 1300+831. I have a 1300 calorie per day limit. Ate 1794 in food and have 338 calories left. I am 6'1 216 pounds. And I feel full as crap after eating a nice chicken breast with skin and brussel sprout dinner. The thing is, does this sound like a normal day to you? Should I be eating those extra 338 calories left? I don't want to and I feel full. What do you guys think?

Yes, it's okay. Some days you will feel more hungry than others. Save those calories for a hungry day when you want to eat more than your usual calorie goal.