New to this part

Options
Hi I have been using this app for quite a while now and have lost a stone, but struggling to keep it up.

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Do you know if there's a reason you're struggling now? Did you go all-out at the start and restrict your calories too much, and now you're feeling the effects? Did you cut out a lot of foods you enjoy and you're feeling deprived of goodies? Are you just getting tired of the feeling of "being on a diet"?

You've done great so far to lose a stone! Are you looking to lose more, or to maintain that loss?
  • Olijinxy
    Olijinxy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi and thank you for your reply. I lost 1 1/2 stone all together but then gained half a stone. Would love to lose what I have gained but it wont budge and I think that's why I am struggling now.
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Sorry to hear that! It sucks to feel like you're working hard at it and nothing's happening. I'm fairly new at the "trying to help people" thing, but let me see if I can! :)

How long have you been 'stuck' at your current weight, and how are you estimating your calorie intake? Do you weigh everything you eat, or do you use packaging estimates and/or guess at your portion sizes?

What's your current weight and height (if you're willing to share), and what do you have your weight loss goal set to in MFP?

How many calories per day is your current goal, and how often do you reach/exceed it? Do you have cheat meals or days on a regular basis?

How are you feeling lately? Do you sleep well and have good energy levels? Has anything changed in your life since you lost the initial 1.5 stone?

This is a chart that often gets posted when the issue of stalled weight loss is brought up... take a look through the suggestions it gives and see if there's anything that strikes a chord with you. It might help! :)

qhepbpgt5a3r.jpg

• Olijinxy
    Olijinxy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Morning
    This stubborn half a stone has been with me for about 6 months now. I do have a cheat day on a weekend but try to stick to my allowed 1200 calories a day which some days I do go over but not by a great deal.

I think my weight loss is set to loose 1 pound a week. I know I do need to motivate my self and exercise and need to make time to do that. Apart from feeling down over my weight I would say generally everything is good.

Thank you for the chart I will have a good look at that tonight when I finish work.

Thanks

Amanda
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Hi Amanda - did you get a chance to study and consider that chart? Do you think there's anything there which might explain your problem?

When you have your cheat days, do you still weigh and log everything or do you just eat whatever and however much you want? It's possible that, if you're not logging it at all, it might be enough to wipe out your deficit for the week (especially if alcohol or high-calorie treats are involved).

If you're confident that your logging is as accurate as possible then I'm not really sure what else to suggest other than patience, but if you have days that you don't weigh and/or log your intake then that would be a good place to start. I'm not saying you need to cut out those 'cheats', necessarily, but you might need to be aware of how much you're consuming on those days if you're not already logging it. :)