Getting on the scale

Options
Janene_Indy
Janene_Indy Posts: 21 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
How often should I weigh myself? Also, is weighing myself in the morning the best time of the day?

Replies

• CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Some people weigh weekly others like me daily. I weigh right after I wake up and pee.
  • 22MaiHicka22
    22MaiHicka22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Once a week is normal. I usually wiegh myself in the morning before I eat and after I pee * erm sorry*

Obsession with the scale isn't good , You
    know ! ;D
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. Not obsessed, but if I don't weigh daily - I'll get reluctant on the weekly date with the scale if I've had a bad previous day.

If I weigh every day, it's just part of my get up and greet the day routine. The normal fluctuations (whether from splurging a bit, retaining water, etc.) just become part of the noise of an overall downward trend.

All that matters is the trend. I track the trend by recording my lowest weight, then don't record a new weight until I hit the next low. Others use an averaging app.

The most consistent time is morning, right after voiding. Any other time of day is more dependent on how much you've had to drink or eat.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    What time depends on your eating. Most people prefer first thing in the morning. For me I weigh the lowest around 1pm and weigh in then. But I do intermittent fasting and only eat 2-10pm
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    This is going to be personal preference! :)

Some people swear by daily weighing so they can track trends and patterns. Other's weigh in weekly! Some even weigh in monthly. I weigh in every 2 weeks (just to be difficult). I used to weigh in weekly but I enjoy seeing a bigger 'whoosh' every weigh day. Like I said, personal preference. Do what works for you!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    How ever you want to do it? If you think weighing yourself daily is overkill, then do it weekly. I weigh daily ( same conditions every a.m.) and have an actual weigh in day on Wed..

So this is however it works for you. Some like daily, some like weekly, some like monthly, some do not like to weight hardly at all.. :)
  • Janene_Indy
    Janene_Indy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I'll have to figure out what works best for me.
  • monicaw44
    monicaw44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but sometimes every three days. some people weigh themselves every week.
  • bshrom
    bshrom Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the morning after I pee.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Daily right after you wake. Get a wifi scale that logs and syncs with MFP. When you go back and look at the graph of the last few years it can be very telling. Your daily weight is just data and the more data the better and the fluctuations average out, the trends don't.
  • MinterC1928
    MinterC1928 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Scales are just plain EVIL.
    It ALWAYS lies to me.
    :wink:
    I usually weigh after I get up and after I do my morning exercises....I find that if you weigh..ummm...after you 'go' it still reflects a different value than if you wait a few min then take it.
    Point is I guess that no matter when, where or how you take it...it will be your preference that matters.

Again mine just LIES to me