What are you looking forward to doing again once you loose t

Options
There are so many things I can no longer do, due to being so overweight and I MISS them. Are there things you would like to do, or would like to try, but cant due to the weight? What are they? Make a list and promise yourself to do them when you are strong enough again.

My list:

skiing
riding amusement park rides ( I dont fit when the bar goes down. Plus I am always afraid I am too heavy)
Hiking in mountains
RUNNING - Oh! How I miss running!

Replies

• deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    There are so many things I can no longer do, due to being so overweight and I MISS them. Are there things you would like to do, or would like to try, but cant due to the weight? What are they? Make a list and promise yourself to do them when you are strong enough again.

My list:

skiing
    riding amusement park rides ( I dont fit when the bar goes down. Plus I am always afraid I am too heavy)
    Hiking in mountains
    RUNNING - Oh! How I miss running!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great topic deb.

Let's see...

Breathing Better (My weight makes my asthma act up really bad so as the pounds are coming off I'm having an easier time breathing.)

Running without getting out of breath the first 2 minutes.

Wearing clothes and not worrying about the buldge.

Feeling confident and feel comfortable in my own skin.

Showing and proving everyone out there that it can be done.
  • jree435
    jree435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a dress in the back of my closet - you know that dress. I bought it for an event but I never got to wear it and now it doesn't fit. I guess I should say I don't fit it. LOL

Anywhooooo, that dress is my goal. A place to wear it and a groovy date wouldn't hurt either :)

Getting my navel pierced.

Wearing a two piece bathing suit and feeling hot in it

Wearing shorts and not having the legs bunch up in the middle when I walk
  • deb_ge
    Options
    Thanks, Skinnier_me.

Oh! And white water rafting....I used to love doing that....

Diving off the board

just Diving without injuring myself
  • deb_ge
    Options
    A 2 piece bathing suit! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Actually ANY
  • deb_ge
    Options
    Actually ANY swim suit without a foot long skirt!!! HA!

For example, getting back into a speedo.
  • apaden4
    apaden4 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I miss wearing shorts!!!
    I know I can be fat and wear them : ) - but I refuse to wear shorts with my fat legs. I haven't worn a pair of shorts in public for about 5 years! Yes, I get very hot in the summer! lol
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Dancing is what I miss. I get out of breath after one song and I remember being able to dance for hours. Tying my shoes without huffing and puffing. Cross country skiing( had a hard time getting up when I fell and it wasn't because of the skis lol).
  • deb_ge
    Options
    YES! YES! Bending over to tie my shoes without feeling as if I will pass out from lack of oxygen

How about getting up and down off the floor gracefully????

Lifting myself out of a swimming pool without having to use a ladder.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    I've never EVER worn a bathingsuit... maybe when I was a baby...

I want to be able to wear one next summer.
    That will be the 1st time my hubby will see me in a bathing suit.
  • deb_ge
    Options
    That is a great goal, skinnier_me! I am a life long swimmer...I know you would LOVE it. Maybe reward yourself with some lessons to go along with that swim suit!

Speaking of swimming: Sliding down the slides a water parks again. OH I miss that

And here is a big one for me: We live overseas and next summer we will be coming home. Usually the flight is torture as I do not easily fit is the seats. Next summer, I want to be able to put both armrests down!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wearing a sleeveless shirt and not feel self-conscious
    Two-piece -- yes, that would be nice
    running a half-marathon
    having an indulgent day of laziness and ice cream and not see a change on the scale

I have "that" pair of jeans. They fit not so long ago but somehow in the midst of the past few years they shrank... Yes, they are the only pair like them left, those traders that started becoming too tight and narrow in the washing machine, or was it the dryer? Those jeans.... they will be out again and enjoying a day in the outdoors.

I am looking forward to looking like the me I feel like.
  • kimford28
    Options
    Wearing my pants with out having a total muffin top! LOL
    Not having a double chin when smiling for my wedding pics!
    Looking good in my bathing suit during my honeymoon:)
    Getting rid of the flab under my arms!'

I have less then two months to go until the big day!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    Yes Kim!! Yes!!! LOL

I was just thinking of that... I want to wear jeans without having spillage!

Not having to suck it in all the time.... *sigh*
  • kimford28
    Options
    Exactly ;) I am so getting hooked on these message boards! Back to work I go!
  • eonblue
    eonblue Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dating with confidence and not settling!

Being comfortable in my clothes and not self conscious.

My extra bulge has deprived me of much needed confidence and I can't wait to get that back.
  • deb_ge
    Options
    To be able to paint my toenails without giving myself a hernia!
  • EHBRown28
    EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SEMI-SHORT TERM GOALS: My goal is to feel good in my clothes and bathing suit when we take a cruise right after Christmas. I have some two piece bathing suits that fit pretty well - even after two pregnancies. But then the 40's came and the metabolism slowed down, but my eating didn't slow down to match it. So, I have some really cute (nearly new) two piece suits that I want to wear in Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Key West!!!

Oh yea, I want to wear a sexy dress on the cruise for New Year's Eve and FEEL GOOD IN IT! Woohoo!

LONG TERM GOAL: Feel and look healthy so that I can stay active with our daughters, who are still young, busy and active!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is so easy! I want to shop at any store and find things that actually fit me not snug not tight just right. Oh ya, I want the basics back!
  • SugarBearRetired
    SugarBearRetired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Walking around the house in my undewear in front of my husband!