Does anyone else not have a goal weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• jarablue
    jarablue Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a goal weight, target bmi, physical body shape type and lifestyle change goal. Multiple things. The goal weight for me is more like I fscking did it type goal. But it will be pretty cool to hit that number after a year of work. The number I picked, 185lbs, will put me in a normal bmi range. Also hitting that number is the lighting of the get my *kitten* back to gym torch. I have 2017 planned as long as I am not in jail or something.

Definite goal weight for me and more! :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No goal weight. Last Friday I weighed in at 142, Saturday morning 134, and then back up to 140 again within an hour after eating a bit. How can I possibly have a goal weight? I have performance goals. I hope the physique follows.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have a goal weight, but it's a random number I picked to be 200lbs less than my starting weight. I haven't been 168 since I was... I dunno, a child in grade school? But it's in the lower side of healthy weight for my height, and it sounds nice.

If I ever get close to it and decide it's too thin for my height, I'll reevaluate and change my goal. No biggie.
  • The_Original_Beauty
    Options
    I have a mini goal, but a main goal? No. I want to see how I feel and re-evaluate every time I lose 5 kilos (11lbs) I've now lost 10 kilos (22lbs) and I still need to lose a bit more, but again I want to see how I feel once I've lost 15 kilos (33lbs) and go from there. I will stop losing weight once I feel healthy, and I will know when I get there.
  • hikernut53
    hikernut53 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I picked the highest number that WW said was in the normal range for my height. I reached that and now I feel I could stand to lose another 10 or so. I'm giving myself another year to work on that, so I'm currently "practicing" at maintenance to see how that feels. I've also started strength training. I'm looking more at how I feel, and % body fat rather than the number on the scale.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    When I started at 340, I picked 185. When I got to 185 I picked 180. When I got to 180... you know. I don't have a specific goal in mind, I just plan to lose enough to where I am happy with my body, but not close to being underweight.
  • EricaH7
    EricaH7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I chose 150 because I liked how I looked at that weight. I'm 18 pounds away now, down from 184, but I may try for a bit lower once I get there. I'm using IF along with calorie counting and it is going well:)

You are so inspiring to me! 184.4 is my starting weight and 150 is the top of my goal range! Weighed myself today and I am down to 175.2! Hoping to be following in your footsteps soon and reach that 10% loss!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't know for sure. It is so far away that I am sure I will adjust as I get closer. I am not sure what exercises I will find that I will be sticking to and that may help influence where I go with what kind of body I end up with. Right now I am just exploring
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    EricaH7 wrote: »
    I just started not too long ago, but I am noticing almost everyone has a goal weight they are trying to reach. I do not. I have an idea of where I would like to be (somewhere between 130-150), but I do not know exactly what weight I want to be. The last time I weighed in that weight range was high school, I look back at pictures of me at my skinniest, and see no curves, which I definitely have now and when I weighed 150 I was in extremely good shape, playing sports year round and muscular, not much fat on me. I just don't know if I should pick a number to shoot for? Or if it's okay not to have a goal weight?

I have the same goal weight range, 150-130. Actually, for my height 145 or below is normal (not overweight), so I will aim for somewhere below 145. You can always change your goal once you get there. I could weigh as low as 107 but would probably look like a skeleton.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I no longer have a 'goal weight' - Just a weight range I'm comfortable with and that put's me in the healthy category. I'm currently at the high end of healthy so would like to get my weight down by about 7 pounds or so :)
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't have a hard set goal weight. I'd like to be between 125 and 135, which gives me a range. But I'm really more focused on how I feel, how my clothes fit (I got some super cute dresses from a friend that are a couple of sizes too small for me that I'm working towards), and how I am improving physically (I want to start working towards half-marathon races, mud runs, and the MS150 bike ride). So if I level out at say 138, but am meeting my real goals, I'm happy.

That said, I did set my goal weight to 135 so I had a hard number to work towards. But I'm weighing, measuring, and taking photos weekly so I can track progress.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have a hard goal of 120lbs, but if I can maintain under 130lbs I will be happy. Once I get there, I'll start lifting and then I'll switch to monitoring waist/hip measurements and not weight.
  • nuckingfutz1965
    Options
    I have a goal weight
  • nuckingfutz1965
    Options
    I'm setting my goals low my range I will be happy to loose 20 lbs in one year if I can get to 170 lbs I will be real happy but will also like to see 150 I have Crohn's disease and my weight goes from 150 to above 200
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm more interested in fixing my health indicators and lower back pain than the final number. To do this I need to lower the weight and body fat percent. I want my waist to height ratio to be in the OK range, to wake up and live sans back pain, and to do cool stuff like climb a wall and shoot a bow and horseback riding. It's been incredible learning what my own body can do. I never knew until now.
  • laurelann19
    laurelann19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Because I had/still have a lot to lose, I find it easier and more motivating for me to set mini goals, and change once I reach or get close. I started at 277, my first goal was to get under 250, then to be 227 (50 lbs down), now I'm at 211, with my next goal to be under 200. I guess that I just don't know where I want to be weight-wise, I've always been overweight/obese, and I'm the lightest I've been in a decade right now. I'm sure that eventually I'll find somewhere I'm comfortable, but for now, I'm grateful for and proud of what I've accomplished.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    My long-term goal is to be 225lbs and under 10% bodyfat, in the short term my goal is to get as lean as possible whilst maintaining the muscle mass I currently have.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I've never been slim AND strong in my life, so I'll know what my ideal weight is when I get there. 150? 140? We'll see.