Trying to get healthy again

Options
Bobsreveng
Bobsreveng Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I used to be in great shape and was going to step on stage but multiple injuries, marriage, kids and a job that makes me travel is hard. Looking for help eating healthy when not at home. And help to stay motivated.

Replies

• JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I also travel a great deal for my job. I am out of town in NC sitting in a hotel room as we speak actually, so I understand the challenges you face quite well. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • sxpz
    sxpz Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I travel for weeks at a time for work. I asked my boss if he would put me in hotels that have kitchenettes/kitchens so I could cook. I usually spend about 35 bucks and make my meals for that work week right there on my first night in the hotel. If I can't manage, I usually seek out either Chipotle or habit burger. Go on nearby restaurants webpages to get a grasp on the nutrition and select your foods BEFORE you are actually in the location to keep you away from the tempting smells and sights.
  • sxpz
    sxpz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't often go to places where the atmosphere makes me want to splurge on my meal while I'm on business either. But when I do (or with any meal), I stick to fresh ingredients and lean protein. No fried foods, no alcohol and I try to always get a glass of whole milk.