Do you gain weight evenly all over?

Options
Unfortunately I have gained a few pounds recently. However, my thighs and waist are the same inches, however, the area arund my bello button has increased by about an inch (but not sure if this is due to bloat right now). So I'm wondering if some areas gain all the weight while the others remain the same.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Gawd no. Every time I gain weight back, it goes straight to my stomach.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    I gain quite evenly all over ... which makes weight gain very deceptive.
  • aneedforchange
    aneedforchange Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also gain it super evenly.. I can gain or lose 20 pounds and look the same pretty much lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No. My legs and hips don't change much. Most weight goes on my upper body-stomach area.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nope. More goes to my midsection than elsewhere.
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Midsection and hips. Everywhere else gains little.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Nope it all goes straight onto my stomach, all of it!! I wish it would go straight to my boobs and bum :wink:

Stomach is first to gain and last to lose, it's incredibly frustrating.. Especially when my hubby starts playing with my middle fat roll, which he loves doing, he says "it's womanly", pfffftt not to me it aint. When this happens i know it's time to start cutting back lol
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Every ounce I gain goes straight to my hips, and I swear it's the last place I lose. I lose from my face/shoulder area first.
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My stomache is always the first place to get big for me. And the unfair part is, the first place you gain, is always the last place you lose :(
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Depends on person as you can see in the answers... for me, when I start packing on the fatsuck, the buttchops go to Christmas ham territory, then gut, moobs and face.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    For me as an hourglass shape, its straight to my T&A. Which isn't great as i dont like that look, i prefer smaller attributes.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wish! Goes straight to my bum and boobs.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I *THINK* I gain it evenly - I definitely notice it on my back flab (Eeek!) and stomach when it does go on but I imagine it's all pretty equal as my sizing tends to be in proportion still!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It's genetic, and a big influence on whether being overweight causes big health risks or not. Someone who gains on their thighs or bottom is at much less risk of health problems than someone who gains on the belly. It's belly all the way for me - one of the big reasons I want to lose weight.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    The majority of mine settled in the lower abdomen/hips the last time I gained.

That being said, when I lose weight it's not even either.
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Good to know I'm not alone haha. The weird part is that my pants and all of the clothes fit the same! And my pants (both jeggings and jeans) were tight when I bought them yet they still fit despite gaining and inch around the naval area!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I gain (and lose) in chunks and I have phases where I look comical for a few lbs before things even out. I actually know at what exact weights I would look like I'm wearing a life preserver, a straight square, or a Jessica Rabbit.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    It feels like I gain it evenly all over. Everything feels tight when I gain.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if I'll ever see the day again when I can sleep on my side without my belly resting on the mattress beside me.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    nope. When I gain it goes straight to my upper thighs and mid section