Chocolate peanut butter chia bars

Options
zugunruhey
zugunruhey Posts: 31 Member
edited September 2016 in Recipes
I have been going nuts over these since I first made them. It's sweetened with dates, so it does have a high sugar content. Fortunately dates also have a low glycemic impact, along with fiber, vitamins, antioxidants, etc. Much better for you than a candy bar with a similar amount of sugar but just as tasty a snack!

http://www.mysequinedlife.com/2016/03/15/chocolate-peanut-butter-chia-bars/

Ingredients
1 cup pitted, whole dates (about 12-13)
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup peanuts
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds

You could easily omit the chia seeds, they just give it a bit more fiber and vitamins. Just toss everything in a blender until it starts to clump together, then use the inside of a loaf pan or baking pan to flatten the "dough". Refrigerate until firm, cut into 8 bars, and you're done!

193 calories per serving, 7 g fat/31 g carbs/5 g protein.

Replies

• NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This looks delicious and like something to try when I want to splurge on dessert but don't want to feel bad about a total lack of nutrition. Thanks for sharing!
  • GSMom3
    GSMom3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! These sound like a nice treat to help satisfy my sweet tooth :)
  • sculls79
    sculls79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fab! Was looking for something like this and I have everything in! May swap the cocoa Powder for chocolate protein powder?
  • zugunruhey
    zugunruhey Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it with protein powder, I imagine it would be fine (but probably less chocolatey).