Gluten free crock-pot/make ahead ideas?

Options
letsgethealthy
letsgethealthy Posts: 47 Member
I'm looking for gluten free recipes that can be made in crock-pot or prepared ahead and frozen. I was a stay home mom, so it was easy to cook healthy meals. Now that my husband and I own a business, we don't get home in time to cook that takes more than 30 minutes. My older kids know how to cook and have been very helpful by making dinner. However, those meals have been previously cooked and frozen from the store; so they aren't very healthy.

I've noticed the negative impact it's had on me and want to go back to healthy foods. If you have any recipes/ideas that can be made ahead and frozen or put in the crock-pot I'd really appreciate it. We've gotten a bit tired of roast, pulled pork and stew in the crock-pot.

Replies

• NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into paleo crockpot recipes? They'd all be gluten free. Here's a link to some: http://paleomg.com/category/food/crockpot/
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Ham in cola one of my favourites, sounds weird but OMG it works and so tasty.

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/ham-in-coca-cola
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of crockpot threads on the board - have a look and I am sure you will find some terrific ideas.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    We keep our house GF because hubby and daughter have Celiac Disease. We do a ton in the crock pot. Especially chili (Bush's chili beans are GF), pot roasts, pulled pork, and other soups.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    All the meats are gluten free. You might try a pulled pork, pulled chicken, or pulled turkey. A straight across replacement for flour thickener I use corn starch instead of flour. The sauce will be a little more translucent but otherwise it works the same.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Oof, don't use any that call for gluten free pasta. It just turns to mush in a crock pot.