In Oklahoma need motivation!

Options
Hey everyone, I'm Myke and I'm in Oklahoma.
Little back story, I was in a car wreck that I almost didn't get back up from when I was seventeen. My life has been really bumpy from that moment forward. I was put on a medication that caused me to rapidly gain weight when I was nineteen. My mother was the light of my life, we were very close and she always kept my head straight when I began to drift into depression. when she passed away suddenly in 2010, my whole world was put into a tailspin. I have just recently decided to get back in shape and improve my own health so that I can be here for my daughter's and my wife.
That should be motivation enough but for some reason I still can't seem to motivate and push myself towards my goals like I need. I have friends that are very much in to health but I live so far away that being workout buddies isn't an option and the crazy rural area that I live in has no health stores at all. Being disabled (TBI) my income is severely limited so ordering expensive food services and gym memberships are not really options.
These are all just excused and I understand that but it doesn't make them any less true.
I need advice and guidance to do what I need to do in order to reach my goals.
That's a little bit about who I am and why I am here.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to speaking with everyone and making new friends on this journey!

=^-^=

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Myke :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your hard time and the loss of your mother. I commend you for wanting to make healthy lifestyle changes so you can be around for your wife and daughter's and I know that we'll all be behind you 100% here. Having said that, make sure you are gentle and kind to yourself throughout the weight loss process. It isn't easy at the best of times so don't put too much pressure on yourself to get it 'right' first time round - You've had a lot to deal with and this is about positive changes to your life so tread carefully and take it at a slow, steady and realistic pace for you. I promise you can do this - and you don't need expensive gym memberships and pricey food to succeed. If you can exercise and WANT to exercise, there are many fantastic free work-out's to follow on YouTube. These have been invaluable for me because I really dislike the gym environment. Also, it's not about WHAT you eat so much as how much. You don't need to be spending every spare penny on food - eat what you do now but less, make small changes here and there if possible. It's totally achievable and I promise you can do it.
  • st_da_ma
    st_da_ma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Morning, Myke! I am also in Oklahoma and struggle with many things. Moved here almost 3 years ago and have gained 80 pounds, so looking to reverse that trend. My condolences on all that has happened. Your wife and little girl need you around, my man, so we will do what we can to help spark the motivation. Have a great Thursday!
  • henrycrib
    henrycrib Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Catoosa. Similar story. I live out in the country. I am on disability. I gained 100lbs in 3 yrs and have lost almost 35lbs. 65 to go. I count calories. I walk and sometimes weights. Friend me if you want and maybe we can motivate each other.
    Tracy