Protein/carb/fat and macros.. I don't even know what the heck to eat at this point.......

Options
Okay, so apparently with my body type of should be eating about mostly protein and fat, keeping carbs only 30% of my diet. But, here's what I'm not undemanding.... In order to eat only 30%carbs and still eat enough calories, what the heck do I eat?! I feel like when it's broken down into grams, that would put me WAY to high protein than would could possibly be safe, so do I seriously fill the gap by eating healthy fat?! After all, I have already lost 70lb so this whole rating right and weight loss game is nothing new for me.... But this last 20lb JUST WON'T COME OFF! No matter how I eat or how I workout, I just can't get rid of it! And I'm getting so frustrated and discouraged because I feel like I just can't win... No matter what method of try, nothing is working! Help?!?

Replies

• blueeyez939
    blueeyez939 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Seriously? If it was so easy, would I be asking for help? I freaking give up..... Thanks for the encouragement, must me nice having this stuff be "easy" for you....
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Okay, so apparently with my body type of should be eating about mostly protein and fat, keeping carbs only 30% of my diet. But, here's what I'm not undemanding.... In order to eat only 30%carbs and still eat enough calories, what the heck do I eat?! I feel like when it's broken down into grams, that would put me WAY to high protein than would could possibly be safe, so do I seriously fill the gap by eating healthy fat?! After all, I have already lost 70lb so this whole rating right and weight loss game is nothing new for me.... But this last 20lb JUST WON'T COME OFF! No matter how I eat or how I workout, I just can't get rid of it! And I'm getting so frustrated and discouraged because I feel like I just can't win... No matter what method of try, nothing is working! Help?!?

you need to control your overall calorie intake REGARDLESS of the macronutrient ratio consumed.

I don't know why you would need such little carbs, but if you cant handle it up them to 40% and split protein and fat evenly. I find most people have no issues hitting this macro range.
  • blueeyez939
    Options
    Here's the problem guys. I'm eating 1400 calories a day, and working out 3 or 4 days a week. There is no way I'm not burning more than I eat! I have lost a LOT of weight! But this last little bit won't come off! And in the research I have done, I have found that the only thing left is adjusting macros to my body type.... I'm about to the point of screw it, I'm obviously just never gonna be "skinny"..... Ughhhhh
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Deleted. Didn't address actual question. It's too early.
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    Here's the problem guys. I'm eating 1400 calories a day, and working out 3 or 4 days a week. There is no way I'm not burning more than I eat! I have lost a LOT of weight! But this last little bit won't come off! And in the research I have done, I have found that the only thing left is adjusting macros to my body type.... I'm about to the point of screw it, I'm obviously just never gonna be "skinny"..... Ughhhhh

First of all, calm down. We are trying to help you, throwing a tantrum at us is not going to help your cause. If you really want to lose additional weight, then you need to accept where you are right now, take a very serious/hard look at your diet, and be honest with yourself.

Secondly, you haven't given us any information about yourself:

Height:
    Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Activity Level:
    If you're using a food scale for ALL items:
    etc.

As you get closer and closer to an acceptable body weight range, losses will be slower, and your logging has less room for errors. My guess? You're eating more than you think you are -OR- you need to lower your calories.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Meat and veggies.

Look at my diary from yesterday. I had 1279 calories and ended up 22% Protein, 50% Fat, 28% Carbs.

I wasn't hungry at all by the end of the day.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    And this ^

That was to Rainbowbow's post.
  • blueeyez939
    Options
    I apologize and I do appreciate you helping me

Height: 5"2'
    Starting Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 136lb
    Goal Weight: 115lb
    Activity Level: I am pretty active, I get around 10,000 steps a day on my fitbit every day. I run a couple days a week, 1-3miles at a time. I dance and do pilates on the days I don't run.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Activity Level: I am pretty active, I get around 10,000 steps a day on my fitbit every day. I run a couple days a week, 1-3miles at a time. I dance and do pilates on the days I don't run.

When was the last time you had a diet break?
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    But this last 20lb JUST WON'T COME OFF! No matter how I eat or how I workout, I just can't get rid of it!

How long have you been at 136lb? If it's been more than a month, then the only conclusion is that you are eating at maintenance. That's literally what your body is telling you.

• rainbowbow
    Options

Okay! So you're pretty short, this means that you're going to naturally maintain your weight on less calories than "average". In addition, you've lost a LOT of weight. Congrats!! If you weren't strength training consistently and eating enough protein during this time, this means you could have lost quite a bit of muscle mass (which also lowers your BMR).

It would be most helpful if we could have a picture of your current physique so we can see roughly how much body fat you have. This will help us determine if you've lost quite a bit of muscle, how much you still need to lose, what your BMR is around, etc.

In any case, here's the deal. Your maintenance calories will be in the 1,800-ISH range depending on how much muscle you may have lost. You can safely lose around 1.36 pounds per week. You might very well do better on a deficit closer to 1,250-1,300 per day. My assumption, however, is that you've been eating more than 1,400 calories.

If you haven't lost any weight in a long period of time (4-6 weeks) you are likely eating at your maintenance calories.

So to recap: Be more accurate with your logging (i.e. weigh EVERYTHING, count all drinks/condiments/gum/etc.)
    slightly lower your calorie intake each week by a 100 calories or so until you start losing again.

• rainbowbow
    Options

When was the last time you had a diet break?

This is pretty important too.
  • blueeyez939
    Options
    I've been bouncing around between 125-135 for about 3 years now.... I go through phases where I seam to be on the lower end and other times, like now, I go to the higher end.... But I really haven't changed the any I eat or working in a good 3 years. So, maybe I really do need to cut a little more calories? I like the idea of cutting 100 a day for a week until I loose. Maybe I'll give that a shot. Maybe I really am overestimateing what my body NEEDS? It just amazes me how easy the first 75% of weight just fell right off but this last bit is just determined to hang on!
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    From Precision Nutrition:
    "The process that helps you lose “the first 10 pounds” isn’t the same one that’ll help you lose “the last 10 pounds”. Indeed, it usually takes a lot more work as you get leaner."
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    I've been bouncing around between 125-135 for about 3 years now.... I go through phases where I seam to be on the lower end and other times, like now, I go to the higher end.... But I really haven't changed the any I eat or working in a good 3 years. So, maybe I really do need to cut a little more calories? I like the idea of cutting 100 a day for a week until I loose. Maybe I'll give that a shot. Maybe I really am overestimateing what my body NEEDS? It just amazes me how easy the first 75% of weight just fell right off but this last bit is just determined to hang on!

Try cutting a 100 calories each WEEK. It takes a few days for your body to start losing weight, so try and stick to that 100 calorie less for a whole week and see where it is. if nothing, cut an additional 100 calories next week, etc. I wouldn't do it every day because in a few days you'll be eating nothing! :wink:

But yes, it is very likely you are overestimating how much your body is burning each day and underestimating the number of calories you're eating.

Especially as you get close to your goal weight, this stuff comes into play. When we have a lot of weight to lose we can lose more, quicker, AND there's more room for little errors here and there.

Believe me, it took me 6 months to lose my last 3% body fat and it was a struggle the whole way there.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's a story from a guy who has been where you are.

https://youtu.be/yzza1yD9x9Y
  • Koljandertjie69
    Koljandertjie69 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Question: I understand the deficit and CICO. But does nobody believe in the blood group diet? That like Blueeyez said that for some people carbs are poison and let say O+ people should ONLY stick to protein and veg and fruit?
  • rainbowbow
    Options
    Question: I understand the deficit and CICO. But does nobody believe in the blood group diet? That like Blueeyez said that for some people carbs are poison and let say O+ people should ONLY stick to protein and veg and fruit?

No, absolutely not. Because it has no basis in reality. Carbs are not poison, they are the preferred source of energy for our bodies.

I won't even go into it further, but I imagine only those without the utmost basic knowledge of biology would believe such nonsense.