working hard but not feeling it

femmerides
femmerides Posts: 843 Member
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
so may 1st is when i started getting really serious about losing weight. the first month i was recovering from a broken foot so i focused on my diet and i lost 20lbs. :-) the second month i started doing turbo fire and lost another 10 lbs. well this month i've kinda plateaued. i got down to 191lbs and then bounced back to 198lbs. that made me pretty upset. well my daughter started summer camp (she's 3) at the community center here. it's 2 miles away from my house. so i decided it was time for me to start walking every day. of course once i started walking i thought it was time to start running. so all last week i ran 4 miles and walked 4 miles. i felt great. however, the scale was stuck at 195. i am now fluctuating between 193 and 191. today i ran the entire 8 miles. well technically 7. i did a 1/2 mile warm up walk and a 1/2 mile cool down. anyways, i thought after that incredible burn that i would finally pass the 191 and enter into 189! i have been trying SO hard to weigh 189. but nope, i was 192. i'm losing inches and i know i'm gaining muscle and that's why i'm not losing as fast as i was before. i'm still really frustrated and discouraged. i feel like i'm working SO hard and just not getting the results that i'm working hard to get. :(

Replies

• EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Try chaning your diet completley and training... Ither increase ur runs or try some high intensity weight training
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 406 Member
    That's so great that you're able to work so hard. My advice would be to just stick with it. With the amount of exercise you're putting in, I'm sure the scale is just lagging behind a bit, since your body is adapting and changing from all the running. You'll see results if you stick with it :)
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    you just said why you losing fat and gaining muscle, pay less attention to the scale and more to the tape measure , remember it didnt go on in a day its not coming off in one just dont get dicouraged and quit its coming
  • hi you really need to give yourself a break...dont beat yourself up...i too was wondering how come im not loosing weight. i am also doing turbo fire right now and i just started last week. i got the turbo tracker and i am able to track all that i eat in a day it helps me out alot bc it lets me know what ive ate and wat i need to work on...pace your self and dont give up!!! you can do it i have faith in you!!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    You are doing great!
    Don't get discouraged.
    Change up your eating and your exercise program.
    You are in a rut and we all go through that.
    Just brush it off and move on.
    Don't look at the scale.
    Use your measurements and how your clothes feel and how good you feel.
    Kim :)
This discussion has been closed.