Swimming??????

Options
Is swimming considerd exercising??? Just curiouse couse for some reason i had hit a plateau for about a month and 1/2 and since summer hit i started going to the swimming pool and just like that i lost 2 pounds so far soo i guess that is my queation. Do you guys think the swimming has help to kick in my movement once again????? Thanks to everyone :flowerforyou:

Replies

• elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! Swimming is definitely exercise. It actually works a lot of muscles you might not use regularly otherwise...and you don't notice since you're in water! Great workout.
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    I love swimming. I have yet to weigh myself but I feel so much better after a good swim. And I can feel the burn in my legs after. So I guess the answer is yes.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I've just started swimming laps as part of my training for a tri. And I can sure feel it. I don't know how my heart rate was cause my polar died in the water =( but know it can be a really good workout.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    As long as you're swimming laps and not floating around yes. Swimming is an amazing exercise ... google Michael Phelps or Dara Torres.
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    Swimming is great!!!!!
  • MelodAngel
    MelodAngel Posts: 27
    Options
    Yes!!! I have an app on my phone that figures calories and I did it on here too, it's listed in the exercises :) the other day I burned almost 700 calories in an hour of swimming... I also go hiking alot and thats a great workout! i hate walking on the tar because my feet get sore quickly, but love walking fast in the woods up and down hills and over rocks and stumps.. lol sounds boring but i love it!
  • jenttifer
    jenttifer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Swimming is a great exercise! Natural resistance and you hardly notice!
  • kerenjackson06
    kerenjackson06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Even leisurely swimming burns a TON of calories!