Cardio and rest day

Options
Do I do cardio after or before my weight training, if I want to lose weight, how much rest days I need in one week

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Either way. This will be dependent on your strength training program.. And yes you need to consider rest days and this too is dependent on your strength training schedule.

What is your weekly training schedule or plan?
  • Javachipgirl
    Javachipgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My gym offers weigh training classes on two consecutive days and as I'm limited to going to gym to 6am. I want to do these classes as I perform better in a class. But then it means training two days in a row.

Thoughts?
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    its your preference, but for me personally, weights go first because muscle maintenance and growth is my priority, so naturally, i want to expend most of my energy to weight training. I was pretty successful in dropping a considerable amount of body fat by lifting about 45 minutes and immediately following that up with 20 minutes of interval cardio fora period of about 9 weeks.. my profile picture is the end result. rest days can happen once a week twice a week, or whenever your body just seems to need one.. id say try to minimize them to one or two a week though.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The trainers at my gym encourage doing strength before cardio.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I never understood why there's a Sophie's Choice when it comes to strength and cardio. Why can't you do both?
    I try to exercise in some way, shape, or form 6 days a week. In any given week, I'll do strength 4 days with cardio 2 days, and a rest day.