Wake up call!!

Options
What was your wake up call!?? I would really like to hear some stories as I crave this ice cream! Lol

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Wake up call for me is looking at my fat jelly belly. LOL
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was asked when I was due while at a water park with my family, by multiple people. I'm not pregnant and haven't been for 4 years.
  • Mirelle242
    Mirelle242 Posts: 63 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Lol!! That is a good one! That was mine too!
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Wake up call for me is looking at my fat jelly belly. LOL

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    When my Doctor told me I had gained 28 lbs - I was in total denial. It was a horrible moment :(
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I was asked when I was due while at a water park with my family, by multiple people. I'm not pregnant and haven't been for 4 years.

That is really heartbreaking, people have no idea who the hurt that goes with such questions.
  • Mirelle242
    Options
    When my Doctor told me I had gained 28 lbs - I was in total denial. It was a horrible moment :(
    I've been in denial for a while!
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    when I ripped through the seam of my pants... and realized they were four sizes bigger than only a year prior.
  • Mirelle242
    Options
    Ah sorry you had to go through that!!
  • Mirelle242
    Options
    Watching an autopsy on 17 stone 62 year old woman who died of heart failure and seeing them cut through a mountain of pure greasy fat to get to her organs which were also covered in pure greasy fat and realising she is only 2 stone heavier and 10 years older than me.
  • dietcepheus
    dietcepheus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Being heavier than my dad! (I'm female)
  • blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Eating almost a whole pizza and not feeling satisfied, and constantly having joint pain.
  • melosemfp
    melosemfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to show myself and am not projecting confidence. That is not what I want my daughter to see
  • 4whirlygigs4
    4whirlygigs4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Watching my 60 year old parents try to walk. Both have been obese for so long that it has destroyed their joints. They can barely move and can't do anything active with their grandchildren.
  • jillk93
    jillk93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Going through clothes from last year and trying to put a pair of jeans on that had been loose fitting, I can't get them over my thighs now! :'(
  • Christiee93
    Christiee93 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Many things. Hating my reflection, nothing fitting but leggings and joggers, feeling constantly ill....someone called me fat...that was a big thing.

Noone will ever call me fat again if I can help it. Or at least if they do I know I'm doing something about it.
  • scgirlincolorado
    scgirlincolorado Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was lying on my back on the couch and could not get up straight using my abs... I had to roll off... like a sea creature :)
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I calculated out my BMI and I was a singular pound into the overweight range.

I noped right outta there and into MFP.
  • Mirelle242
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I couldn't ride a rollercoaster with my son, as they couldn't get the lap bar down over me. I'm over 100lbs down and road a coaster with my son this summer!!
    That is awesome!!