Protein/carb/fat and macros.. I don't even know what the heck to eat at this point.......

Options
2»

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Question: I understand the deficit and CICO. But does nobody believe in the blood group diet? That like Blueeyez said that for some people carbs are poison and let say O+ people should ONLY stick to protein and veg and fruit?

Blood type specific dieting is a pseudo-science and has long since been disproved. There are many antigens in your blood, why aren't you worried about N? Well for starters you aren't rabbit, but if it was as easy as blood type medical practitioners would be advising their clients on this but obviously they don't.

• losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with reducing carbs. Make sure your getting plenty of high fiber goodies though meaning veg. I find I do well carb cycling in conjunction with working out. I.e. 2 days higher carb and more fruit cardio days. 2 days low carb high protein weight days and then 3 days 30 30 30 or so with yoga massage play time etc

Shrug. You've got the right idea that your probably eating at maint though!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I apologize and I do appreciate you helping me

Height: 5"2'
    Starting Weight: 200lb
    Current Weight: 136lb
    Goal Weight: 115lb
    Activity Level: I am pretty active, I get around 10,000 steps a day on my fitbit every day. I run a couple days a week, 1-3miles at a time. I dance and do pilates on the days I don't run.

Have you tried adjusting your macros by what's suggested over at IIFYM.com? I've used that site for my macros for over a year now and have been very happy with results. I've been at maintenance now for over 4 months and am still losing fat slowly (last I checked I was down to 11% BF) based on recommendations from that site. It'll give you your macros in grams or percentages, and you can tweak it if you need to do so. Only thing you have to watch with their calculator is that IF you add in your exercise, you must turn off additional calories in MFP's system or you'll end up over your calorie goals. I simply use iifym to set my macros based on my body height, weight age, and lifestyle using their calculator without adding in any exercise. It gives me the macros I need, then I allow MFP to increase those as I add exercise. Been working great. I will agree, however, that the last few pounds, and in my case the last few inches of fat around my midsection, are taking a long time, but I am making progress. Just a thought.