True Lemon Drink! Yum yum yum!

Options
I just quit drinking Diet Coke last week :glasses: (woohoo!) and I needed some kind of replacement besides water. I love water, but sometimes you need a little something else! And I really don't like tea so that wasn't happening.

Anyhow! I was going to use crystal light but I found out it contains sucralose which is just another artificial sweetener that is no good for you. Better than aspartame but still. So I saw these "True Lemon" drink enhancers that are 5 calories each and are sweetened with stevia. Tried it tonight and it is not bad at all! :noway: I had the pink lemonade kind (or raspberry lemonade I don't remember). It isn't too tangy like the crystal lite ones and it just just sweet enough for my taste.

I found them at Walmart Neighborhood Market which means they are probably able to be found anywhere. Let me know if you tried this.

Also, do any of you have a favorite naturally sweetened drink you like? (Not tea.. bleck...:grumble: )

Replies

• ponchita08
    ponchita08 Posts: 16
    Options
    Tea is fantastic. You should try the herbal blends. They actually aren't tea. Sweetened with some Agave Nectar and you are good to go. I recommend checking out the green roobis bonita from adagio teas. That is one of my favorites as well as the green roobis citron and the honeybush orange. I liked to add in a little blood orange to all of those to make an awesome iced drink. Remember, Roobis isn't tea.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Check out MyWater from Soda Stream. It can be used with or without the Soda Stream machine. They have a mint pack, my favorite, and a pack with different fruit flavors. They seem expensive up front, about $10, but each little bottle (3/pack) makes 20 liters.
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    green tea with stevia or truvia to sweeten it! It gives me my energy boost in the morning! Try it! I'll look for the lemon drink though. thanks:)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Orange Blossom Water. You add a few drops to drinking water and it makes it all yummy and flowery!
  • sunshian
    sunshian Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratulations on kicking the Diet Coke habit!

What about making a fresh lemon drink? water & lemon? I don't know what Stevia would be like with that if you wanted it sweet. I love water and lemon, I wash the lemon up, throw in a quarter of the lemon and tada! yummy freshness. adding grated fresh ginger is tasty too and will help kick your desire for sweet.
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    Options
    I love putting cucumbers, mint, lemon, oranges or lime to add some flavor to my water.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on kicking the Diet Coke habit!

What about making a fresh lemon drink? water & lemon? I don't know what Stevia would be like with that if you wanted it sweet. I love water and lemon, I wash the lemon up, throw in a quarter of the lemon and tada! yummy freshness. adding grated fresh ginger is tasty too and will help kick your desire for sweet.

What she said. Way to be aware of whats in the ingredients!
  • mamahix
    mamahix Posts: 14
    Options
    I like the Mio water enhancers. 0 Calories and NO sugar. I have only tried the Strawberry-watermelon flavor but it is good.. Looking to buy more flavors soon.
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I like the Mio water enhancers. 0 Calories and NO sugar. I have only tried the Strawberry-watermelon flavor but it is good.. Looking to buy more flavors soon.

These to have artificial sweeteners though. Be careful not to use to often.
  • sunshian
    sunshian Posts: 12
    Options
    I love putting cucumbers, mint, lemon, oranges or lime to add some flavor to my water.

Cucumber is an interesting choice! I think I might just give that a try.