Is there away to enter in step count in MFP ?

Options
a friend of mine new to MFP was wondering if she could enter in the step count from her Smart Bracelet to MFP and have her steps counted as people with the fit bit do? I know MFP doesn't sync with this particular activity bracelet. I also think that MFP has it's own step tracker...anyone know how this works for an alternative for my friend?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    not that i know of. best option is to select the proper activity level that matches MFP.

1. Sedentary (Inactive)

Pedometer steps = less than 5,000 steps a day

2. Low Active

Pedometer steps = 5,000 – 7,499 steps a day

3. Somewhat Active

Pedometer steps = 7,500 – 9,999 steps a day

4. Active

Pedometer steps = 10,000 steps or more a day

5. Highly Active

Pedometer steps = 12,500 steps or more a day.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    not that i know of. best option is to select the proper activity level that matches MFP.

1. Sedentary (Inactive)

Pedometer steps = less than 5,000 steps a day

2. Low Active

Pedometer steps = 5,000 – 7,499 steps a day

3. Somewhat Active

Pedometer steps = 7,500 – 9,999 steps a day

4. Active

Pedometer steps = 10,000 steps or more a day

5. Highly Active

Pedometer steps = 12,500 steps or more a day.

This^

A FitBit only adds additional calories when you are over your stated activity level. That's the beauty of syncing. Enable negative calories and a FitBit would take away calories when you've been less active than usual.

Maybe a phone app?
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    There is a way. I actually just looked this up about 30 minutes ago lol. Apparently for some people it does sync, but mine does not. In that case....go to.."check in" at the top, and a bunch of measurements that people track should come up. Since her bracelet doesn't sync with MFP, you can add things you want measured. Steps can be one of those things.

I haven't been on here very long, so If I'm wrong about steps being added as a measurement, i'm sure they will tell you.

Good luck to your friend
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    You can set the activity level to sedentary and then add it yourself. Just subtract the first 2,500 steps as included in the sedentary calculation. Then divide the remaining number of steps by 2,000 and multiply by 100.

So, if I had 6,500 steps:

6,500-2,500 = 4,000 / 2,000 = 2 * 100 = 200 extra calories

This is approximately how my FitBit calculates the calories, and it's how I calculated them before I got it.
  • bbaugh2014
    bbaugh2014 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the app on an iphone and it syncs to my iphone step tracker.