2»

Replies

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    ON Gold Standard

safest bet right here. I've tried tons and while most are somewhat palatable ON has never disappointed. Get rocky road. Myprotein is a better deal on sale, but ON is isolate which is the same price as Myprotein's isolate. Their regular whey is very cheap though.

ON Gold Standard isn't isolate. It's primarily concentrate and is significantly more expensive than its Myprotein counterpart (Impact Whey).
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    ON Gold Standard

safest bet right here. I've tried tons and while most are somewhat palatable ON has never disappointed. Get rocky road. Myprotein is a better deal on sale, but ON is isolate which is the same price as Myprotein's isolate. Their regular whey is very cheap though.

ON Gold Standard isn't isolate. It's primarily concentrate and is significantly more expensive than its Myprotein counterpart (Impact Whey).

Yep not sure what I was thinking- ON Gold Standard is only 80% and my myprotein isolate is 90% - that being said the taste on ON was still better.

ON blends nicely even in oatmeal- myprotein isolate gets chunky fast with any heat and I found needed to be in a blender for good mixing. ON is unfortunately $30 a lb for gold standard and you can snag myprotein for under $20.

Isolate has a better protein % to calories/grams so a leaner profile- gold standard is a blend which has higher carbs and a slightly lower protein % to weight/calories.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard

Yep not sure what I was thinking- ON Gold Standard is only 80% and my myprotein isolate is 90% - that being said the taste on ON was still better.

ON blends nicely even in oatmeal- myprotein isolate gets chunky fast with any heat and I found needed to be in a blender for good mixing. ON is unfortunately $30 a lb and you can snag myprotein for under $20.

It's 80% whey protein by calories. The whey is an isolate/concentrate blend.

ON makes an isolate that is called, you guessed it, Isolate.

gold-standard-whey-600.jpg
    on-isolate-6318.jpeg
  • Lisuuhhh
    Lisuuhhh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BSN Syntha 6. The flavors are better than any others I've tried. I recently bought the cookies and cream and chocolate cake batter. You'll love.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    ON Gold Standard

ON blends nicely even in oatmeal- myprotein isolate gets chunky fast with any heat and I found needed to be in a blender for good mixing. ON is unfortunately $30 a lb and you can snag myprotein for under $20.

It's 80% whey protein by calories. The whey is an isolate/concentrate blend.

ON makes an isolate that is called, you guessed it, Isolate.

gold-standard-whey-600.jpg
    on-isolate-6318.jpeg

It works out to be both grams and cals, actually, at least on my tubs (25g protein per 31g serving). I don't know how anyone could afford ON isolate on a regular basis. If you're that serious just buy steaks every day with the cash...darn.