Will I lose 20 lbs. by the end of 2016?

Options
I'm 5'6" and my current weight is 185. I'm going to attempt to lose 20 lbs. by the end of the year. I don't know if I'll pull this off, but I know I'd be quite happy if I reached that goal.

I'm currently exercising regularly and over the past two weeks, I have been keeping track of what I'm eating with the goal to keep my calorie intake at a reduced level from what I was eating before.

In 2007, my weight reached 215 lbs. and over the course of 2007/2008, I lost about 50 lbs. I have managed to keep most of that weight off, but my poor eating habits (I eat at CFA or Panda Express WAY too much) have been working against me.

I'm looking for some motivation to keep me going in the right direction for the long term without giving up. What keeps you motivated?

Replies

• natnicks319
    natnicks319 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello, reading that you've already had success with weight loss I can definitely see you reaching your new goal!
    I keep myself motivated by not wringing myself dry of my favorite foods (yours being CFA and Panda Express), I just limit them. That way, when I do eat them I don't gourge and be depressed for the next few days. I read somewhere on the world wide web that you should not call them cheat meals, this already deems this as bad. Restaurants even have healthy options that you can still enjoy, AND fit your caloric and macro goals. LOSE THAT WEIGHT!!!!!! Keep us fitnesspals posted.
  • walkermichaelg
    walkermichaelg Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m relatively new but on here daily. Feel free to add me for support and motivation!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place for support and motivation :)
    You can do this!
  • ralphlegend
    ralphlegend Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your goal is attainable.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Panda Express isn't all bad. You can get a reasonably filling and healthy meal under 500 calories...just go for the veggies instead of the rice and one of the not fried dishes (chicken and green beans, beef and broccoli, etc). Single entry rather than two or three.

It's about paying attention to what you eat, adding exercise and reducing total intake by 3500+ calories a week...that equals about 1 pound. Just remember if you're building muscle at the same time you're trying to lose weight, the loss may not look as high. Muscle weighs more than fat.