Wake up call!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I was walking up a couple flights of stairs at work as the elevator was currently not functional. I had to stop part of the way up to take a breath and leg my knees rest because they were hurting so much. People had to walk around me in the elevator. They didn't say anything, just walked by. I felt awful. I weighed 470lbs. Down to 348 as of this morning. Have another 100 I want to lose.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    prediabetes and scary high cholesterol
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    some scrawny guy called me scrawny
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hitting the 200+ mark for the first time in my life. Before getting pregnant my lightest weight was 157. I never thought I'd see myself like this. (my profile pic is pre-pregnancy. My daughter is 2 now)
  • BrokeBirkin
    BrokeBirkin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I was always told "you look exactly like your mom!" But I didn't see it. I watched her struggle with low self esteem and weight related problems all my life and told myself that would never be me. I finally saw a picture of her as a child and honestly if they had told me it was a photo of me wouldn't have thought twice, I could be her CLONE. I then saw a photo of her about my age and she was skinnier and prettier than I was. It was like someone handed me a mirror that shows me my future and I was scared. I still tried to put it off saying I look good. I went into a lingerie store to try on outfits for my bf and seeing them on me in a well lit room with a full length mirror was the first time I couldn't find anything I liked with what I was seeing.
  • beckty
    beckty Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1) Hitting 200 lbs 2) Having knee arthritis and the doctor telling me "10 lbs off is like 40 on your knees" Well.... ok then.
  • FlabtoFab209
    FlabtoFab209 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sitting at the dining room table and hearing a loud crack as I broke it.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Wake up call for me is feeling my neck, face and thighs getting biggier. Lol
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Wake up call for me is feeling my neck, face and thighs getting bigger. Lol.
    And the worst part is being called fat to the point that you're losing your self esteem and realizing you can't even wear those outfits that you used to wear back when you were thin.
  • ma_bitts
    ma_bitts Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Seeing the look in a colleague's eye when they had to slow down as we were walking.
  • stephyc2016
    stephyc2016 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I felt like a whale in a blue dress as my sister's wedding while her other bridesmaids looked like princesses. I felt horrible about myself for about two weeks and quickly came back to MFP. (: