I will be shunned

Options
And that's ok. They are having a Superbowl potluck at work. TODAY (it's not even until next week!). And I am not participating. I packed my apple and my soup. I was told it is frowned upon not to participate. Well, I guess they're all gonna have wrinkles in their foreheads :angry: from all that frowning, 'cause I'm not potlucking! I am on a mission.

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    And that's ok. They are having a Superbowl potluck at work. TODAY (it's not even until next week!). And I am not participating. I packed my apple and my soup. I was told it is frowned upon not to participate. Well, I guess they're all gonna have wrinkles in their foreheads :angry: from all that frowning, 'cause I'm not potlucking! I am on a mission.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good attitude!! :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you work with my husband. If he skips out on ANYTHING he gets "talked to" *eye roll* Good for you! Stick to your guns!
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Thanks you guys! :smile:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Whatever happened to go steelers or cardinals?:laugh: I guess equating food with special occasions...........ultimately, good for you!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    What's that Hootie song?? Let em Frown!! :drinker:

Oh wait, it's let her cry...oh well, I am changing the words for today.

Good for you for sticking with it!! :flowerforyou:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Yikes! Whatever happened to go steelers or cardinals?:laugh: I guess equating food with special occasions...........ultimately, good for you!

Oh, trust me, on the REAL Superbowl day, I am cutting myself some slack. :drinker: But my goal was to MAKE it to that day. If I participated in every food event between my work life and friends, I would NEVER be able to lose weight!!!
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Oh yeah, and GO CARDINALS!!! :laugh:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    whoo hoo ditto that! :drinker: I agree, my birthday is next month and I've already decided to ho out to eat and I'm looking forward to it!
  • jessandace
    Options
    couldn't you still participate but in a healthy way that sticks with your plan??
    Like bring in vegetables with fat free dip or something very low cal?

I know temptation will be great with all the other wonderful food there, but you seem pretty set on your goal, i dont see why you cant participate at all.
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    Good for you! Your tougher than I am. I can never say no to a pot luck:blushing:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You won't be shunned here. :happy: Keep up the good work. How's that saying go? If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything? Hey, it could apply for this. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone has a birthday around here (and that happens once or twice a month), everyone is expected to join the birthday celebration and partake of the birthday cake.

If you don't go, the 'boss' looks down on you (I work in a large firm, there are different levels of 'bosses' around here, but basically the boss I'm referring to here is the owner of the firm).

So anyway, I just tell them I'm allergic to nuts and as a result can't have the cake. This seemed to smooth things over until someone decided to bring in a nut-free cake. :sad: :sad: :sad:

The whole 'it's okay, I'm not hungry...' line doesn't work as well as the 'I'm allergic' line.

:grumble:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

i know this is terrible, but i say no to pot luck by imagining all people who brought in food dont wash their hands after they use the bathroom - then they make the food. it really turns me off to the temptation and i eat something else everytime. :blushing:
  • get_fit2009
    Options

i know this is terrible, but i say no to pot luck by imagining all people who brought in food dont wash their hands after they use the bathroom - then they make the food. it really turns me off to the temptation and i eat something else everytime. :blushing:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: hahahahaha! Kind of like picturing people in their underwear when you have to speak in front of a crowd!
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    couldn't you still participate but in a healthy way that sticks with your plan??
    Like bring in vegetables with fat free dip or something very low cal?

I know temptation will be great with all the other wonderful food there, but you seem pretty set on your goal, i dont see why you cant participate at all.

Nope. If there are brownies there, I'm a goner. Plus, I have a lunch that I can calculate my calories very easily. If I eat a little here and a little there - I'm in too picky of a mode. Plus, I've got a lot of work to do. Maybe in a couple months I'll feel better about it.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    A minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. Do your thing and don't let everyone else deter you.

And BTW......GO STEELERS!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Dustdevil
    Options
    I'm saving myself for Valentine's day- Cheesecake with my sweetie!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Whenever someone has a birthday around here (and that happens once or twice a month), everyone is expected to join the birthday celebration and partake of the birthday cake.

If you don't go, the 'boss' looks down on you (I work in a large firm, there are different levels of 'bosses' around here, but basically the boss I'm referring to here is the owner of the firm).

So anyway, I just tell them I'm allergic to nuts and as a result can't have the cake. This seemed to smooth things over until someone decided to bring in a nut-free cake. :sad: :sad: :sad:

The whole 'it's okay, I'm not hungry...' line doesn't work as well as the 'I'm allergic' line.

:grumble:
    :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: Hey whatever it takes right? Good for you Nicky
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is so great and I am proud of you, never care about what others say, do what you need to do to reach your goal, after all you know how you do with things. Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!