Bikini competitor prep

Anyone have a good meal plan to follow like a bikini competitor would? I don't want to compete just want to lean out!

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited September 2016
    depends what you want to eat. There is a tonne of variety out there. If you feel you can eat the same thing every day all day at the same time - yep. Or you can go IIFYM and what you want within the macro goals/cal limits.

Just an as example though, on a traditional type prep you possibly would eat stuff like:

meal 1- oats + egg whites + berries
    meal 2 - chicken or turkey + sweet potato or pumpkin + green veg
    meal 3 - chicken or turkey + sweet potato or pumpkin + mixed veg
    meal 4 - egg whites + veg
    meal 5 - lean red meat + green veg
    meal 6 - more chicken + veg

every day. cheat meal once a week.

I found it hard. I like variety. There's just so many ways you can cook chicken and turkey and I think I cooked them all.

I am now maintaining on IIFYM and enjoying life again. PS - IIFYM is not all poptarts and pizza.
  • gammonbejammin
    gammonbejammin Posts: 1 Member
    What is IIFYM?
  • Cahgetsfit
    If It Fits Your Macros. Basically you work out your macros and eat whatever you want as long as you hit your goals. This doesn't mean that you can eat pizza every day because you will be hungry.

I use it in a way that I have a variety of go-to meals I can choose from for each meal. The beauty of it though is that I can now go and have lunch with friends and actually eat food instead of having to either decline inviations or turn up carrying a tupperware box of chicken and veg.

• Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    What is IIFYM?

If It Fits Your Macros- aka "Flexible Dieting". Eating to a macro level every day and filling those macro goals with whatever food you'd like.
  • Dano74
    mandax11 wrote: »
    Anyone have a good meal plan to follow like a bikini competitor would? I don't want to compete just want to lean out!

What @Cahgetsfit said. It's not a pleasant diet: Chicken breasts and asparagus and some rice. Every meal. For weeks on end. Then cutting rice. Plus two a days. Good times.

There's certainly a change in the way some eat to compete and the example above does add some variety but overall, the protein + veg 'til you can't stand the sight of it or eat your own arm off in the mean time is still a very common competitor diet.
  • Cahgetsfit
    @Dano74 I have not touched sweet potato or pumpkin since I stopped my shred. It was getting to the point that I would gag at the mere thought of having to eat either of the two. My coach wouldn't let me swap it for rice (I did anyway though a few times - worked out the closest macro between rice and sweet pop/pumpkin and ate that instead)

I have also felt like it was starting to give me crazy ED-type behaviour (and I've never had that before).

That was one of the reasons why I put my prep on hold and may or may not try again next year, but if I do, I will IIFYM, I won't 'bro' prep again.
  • Dano74
    @Cahgetsfit

So common- glad you're creating a sanity check for yourself! Comp can be BRUTAL psychologically. Funny how different coaches have different styles. Some are rice all day, others no way- sweet potato. Yet all drive their girls to the same aesthetic goals... tells you a little something. And Figure... that's even more brutal as you're trying to get the best of both worlds. You're a strong Lady!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Flexible dieting / IIFYM is all easy and dandy when you first hear about it but need to stick to it and make some logic out of it. it works on calories in / calories out "thermodynamic" logic - however the world is not all poprtarts, pizzas and fried chicken.
    A lot of people prep on flexible dieting but know how to work macros along their prep and know how to train to achieve their goals. Get a site or someone that knows how to work your macros stick to a deficit, be patient and you will "lean out" eventually...
  • Dano74
    abadvat wrote: »
    Flexible dieting / IIFYM is all easy and dandy when you first hear about it but need to stick to it and make some logic out of it. it works on calories in / calories out "thermodynamic" logic - however the world is not all poprtarts, pizzas and fried chicken.
    A lot of people prep on flexible dieting but know how to work macros along their prep and know how to train to achieve their goals. Get a site or someone that knows how to work your macros stick to a deficit, be patient and you will "lean out" eventually...

Yup. Avatarnutrition.com is one of those sites. $10 a month- tons of info, very thorough and extremely customizeable based on goals. Site is a project by Layne Norton- IIFYM propononent. Well worth it.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    I've tried several times but can never make it until the competition