Feeling stuck

Options
I have been stuck at 228 for 2 weeks now I dont know what I'm doing wrong but need help ASAP??

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Stay in a calorie deficit and be patient. Is that fast enough?
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not a long time to worry about progress. Weight loss is linear and there will be weeks that you lose, and weeks you'll remain the same or even gain. Continue weighing/logging your food, stay within your calories and don't stress out over it.
  • Rivera1988
    Rivera1988 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im at 1300 calories and burn about 400 a day I lost 3 lbs the 1st week now nothing
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Rivera1988 wrote: »
    Im at 1300 calories and burn about 400 a day I lost 3 lbs the 1st week now nothing

I know it's tough to put so much effort in and not see sequential losses or visual differences for as much as you feel you're doing. It's a roller coaster, mental battle and frustration all rolled into one.

That said, you're doing juuuuuust fiiiiine. Stay consistent and hit those calories. Visual differences can take weeks or months (and weight isn't always the best indicator of progress)... but in consistency, you know something is happening. Honestly, one day you'll mirror check yourself/slip on pants/weigh in and go... whoah!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I have been there - not seeing the numbers move is frustrating. Just keep in mind more than likely the numbers are staying put because you are replacing fat with muscle. Don't give up - it sounds like you are doing awesome! :)
  • nmfytros
    nmfytros Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are at 1300 calories per day, are you eating the same foods everyday?
  • Rivera1988
    Options
    Go lean shake in the morning lunch chicken breast rice boiled eggs white dinner just depends

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    I have been there - not seeing the numbers move is frustrating. Just keep in mind more than likely the numbers are staying put because you are replacing fat with muscle. Don't give up - it sounds like you are doing awesome! :)

You know gaining muscle is very hard especially for women? The most a women will gain if they do everything perfectly (lift heavy using a progressive program and eat at a surplus) is 1 lb a month.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    2 weeks is nothing for a woman. We tend to retain water at certain times of the month and lose that water weight at others. Give it at least a month.

Also, 1300 cals/day for someone who weight 228 seems quite low - especially if you're burning 400 cals/day exercising. Is that what MFP told you to eat?

Also, are you weighing your food?
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss is not linear. It can bounce around all over the place even with perfect diet adherence thanks to things like water retention.
    2. It's easy to underestimate how much you are eating. It's a good idea to weigh most of your food (use measuring cups/spoons for liquids). So you could be eating at maintenance.
    3. I think your deficit is too large. Cutting too much can wreak havoc with diet adherence, meaning you are less likely to stick to your goals and thus the scale won't budge. I am a bit lighter than you and eat about 1600-1800 calories a day (depending on activity) and I'm losing about 1.2 lbs/week... but it is definitely not linear.
  • Rivera1988
    Options
    I am not weight my food when it comes to that I am scanning and measuring it weighing no I I'm hoping changing things up will help I just recently ordered and incline treadmill, weights , and home weight set simulator to the boflex I have only been riding my bike and speed walking at the park 6days a week so I'm hope these other things are my golden ticket to help set up a routine any ideas for a 6 day a week workout routine that ppl see result at ?
  • vcj4710
    vcj4710 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here. Started at 203lb. The firSt 5 came off really easily. I hVe been bouncing around the same weight (198) for nearly 3 weeks now. I'm doing 1200 a day plus I eat some but not all of my Fitbit cals. So frustrated.
  • vcj4710
    vcj4710 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7.5 high by the way.
  • hayleyf6051
    hayleyf6051 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Having the same trouble. Just can't seem to break through 78.5kg. It's incredibly frustrating to watch your weight bounce around!