• Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Do you mean sex?
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Call Center Representative :)
  • purrpurplemeow83
    purrpurplemeow83 Posts: 25 Member
    I work nights as a nurse. I have a hard time sleeping at night. I can't sleep now :/
  • 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    So we got a nurse a call center representative and a sex addict
  • 2MuchTyme
    Just kidding about the sex addict part
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Nurse
  • 2MuchTyme
    Any challenges....do you sleep?
  • JukeboxHeroine
    Yeah the usual. I try to stay on a night shift schedule but it's hard with a family.
  • 2MuchTyme
    I work 8, 8, 12, 12 off 3. So im pretty well screwed.by the end of the week...
  • JukeboxHeroine
    I work 3 12s. 7a-7p
  • BuffERRN
    BuffERRN Posts: 109 Member
    Super, where do you work? What type of unit??
  • JukeboxHeroine
    ICU
  • 2MuchTyme
    I worked many years 7-7 as cna, they cab be great nights....they can also be really horrid, if they go bad
  • JukeboxHeroine
    No CNA on my unit. We do total care.
  • 2MuchTyme
    We here are 1-4 accuity but have cnas for recording vitals and bed baths
  • tobisch86
    tobisch86 Posts: 39 Member
    Anyone up?
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    I am! Just got done with a workout. :)
  • tobisch86
    I'd much rather work out then be at work right now. Lol
  • JukeboxHeroine
    At work and it's a hectic night
  • tobisch86
    I can only imagine. I used to work in nursing. I still hear call lights sometimes. Lol
  • 2MuchTyme
    A little background food for thought working the night shift used to be called or sometimes it still call the graveyard shift.

Before bodies were found they were just laid in the ground whole. In Transylvania they believe Let the Bodies what off and come back as vampires or zombies. So they had people stay awake in the graveyard all night to make sure the dead slept

And as well during that time the term dead ringer appeared again during that time they did not embalm bodies they just laid them to rest some of which comatose and not dead.

So to prevent someone from being buried alive They would tie a string to their finger attach it to a bell outside of the grave and if that person was not dead and woke up all they had to do is pulling the strings and people would dig them up.

So now you have been educated. Comments below
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited September 2016
    2MuchTyme wrote: »
    A little background food for thought working the night shift used to be called or sometimes it still call the graveyard shift.

Before bodies were found they were just laid in the ground whole. In Transylvania they believe Let the Bodies what off and come back as vampires or zombies. So they had people stay awake in the graveyard all night to make sure the dead slept

And as well during that time the term dead ringer appeared again during that time they did not embalm bodies they just laid them to rest some of which comatose and not dead.

So to prevent someone from being buried alive They would tie a string to their finger attach it to a bell outside of the grave and if that person was not dead and woke up all they had to do is pulling the strings and people would dig them up.

So now you have been educated. Comments below

or a horn so that they could be heard yelling, as was the case with Robert E. Lee's Mother on the front lawn; before he was born!
  • 2MuchTyme
    edited September 2016
    That's good to know
  • 2MuchTyme
    What do you do, bar or security
  • cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    I'm a night dispatcher for a tanker truck company.
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Still up here.....
  • cbusnightowl
    How u like girl? Working as a A dispatcher

Well most of the drivers don't mind my sex. A couple on the other hand....they are old school and proud.
  • cbusnightowl
    Yeah, it was irritating at first but I have learned to not take it personally...rumor has it when they hired the night dispatchers (we're both female) one driver quit over it
  • cbusnightowl
    oh phh, I feel completely safe around these guys ...even the women-belong-in-kitchens type. Plus my state is open carry ;)
  • life911saver
    life911saver Posts: 1 Member
    police dispatcher in Maryland here... I work from 11pm-7am every Friday & Saturday night, with an occasional shift here and there during the week (when I feel like signing up for them)