Doing terrible need help

Options
I'm not staying focused at all and I'm so frustrated. Need some accountability buddies and support. Have 100+ to lose and tired of my millions of first days

Replies

• paigedotson93
    paigedotson93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me
  • nelly90mfp
    nelly90mfp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • mssmssy
    mssmssy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not too long ago someone on the message boards said to ask yourself, "What is my goal?" when faced with temptation. I've been at this for a month and this has really helped me keep my focus. I also allow myself a small "treat" (100-200 calories) almost every day. That way I'm not desperate for sweets. And I really really really do love desserts! Just like the above poster, I watch weight loss stories for inspiration.
  • esp158
    esp158 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, I am looking for someone to help motivate me, vent, keep me on track etc as well.
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Like you I'm also looking for a weight loss buddy to help me feel motivated, keep track, vent, be more inspired and dedicated.
  • pamelafelts
    pamelafelts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added to! I have 100+ to lose as well. I'm doing ok right now, just intimidated by how much work I have ahead of me.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    You can add me too
  • Denise_Valentine
    Denise_Valentine Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am also feeling the pain of losing motivation. I had a great week last week and this week I just want a do-over. so very frustrating when you feel like a failure. trying to stay positive and tell myself that this is a minor setback. not the end of the world.
  • SophNewts
    SophNewts Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I've lost 4 stone in total and been maintaining for nearly 3 years now. It is possible and bad days (or even weeks) are part and parcel but you haven't given up - you wouldn't be here if you had. Thinking about 100+ lbs seems terribly daunting and un-achieveable so try and break it down into chunks. Aim for 1 - 2 lbs a week which is completely managable even with cheat meals and treats (as long as overall you manage your calorie allowance over the week i.e. if you're aiming for 1,500 a day this would be 10,500 calories over the course of a week so if you have a bad day where you eat 2,000 or more, as long as you balance it out another day, overall you will not go over). You'll be surprised how quickly those weeks turn into months and the 1 - 2 lbs turn into 1 - 2 stone! Of course I could tell you all the usual advice i.e. just eat healthy and exercise more, but diet really is King (90% at least in my opinion) so focus on using your MFP diary to manage your calories over the weeks and it will drop off. I personally find that a low carb diet helps me - not only in terms of weight loss but I generally just feel less bloated. However, this approach may not suit you. Calorie counting is key. Feel free to PM me any time if you need support; happy to help or share more tips. Best of luck.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    read the NSV stories under Success Stories on these boards. they are so motivating and inspiring! when i'm feeling down, that's what i do. i also binge watch My 600 Lb. Life lol.
  • lynnpertle
    lynnpertle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I need to lose 75 lbs.
  • LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Megan,
    I am in the same boat! Except this time I really feel ready to make a change! I'm not sure if it will help you but here is what is helping to keep me motivated and focused:
    1. I follow a lot of REAL weight loss stories on Instagram. It helps me to visualize what I want and keep me motivated. And it gives some great meal ideas!
    2. I am doing a very basic diet right now. I'm not cooking crazy meals or going out to eat at all (just for the initial month). I've found that if I portion out individual parts of a meal it is much easier to count calories/stay under my calorie goal. For example I take snap peas, tuna avocado roll up, a banana, and baked chick peas to work all in separate baggies. This allows me to snack if I am super hungry without ruining my lunch but also stay accountable! And I've saved a LOT of money!
    3. I know it may sound weird..but I have been watching 'my 600 pound life' (from TLC) when I don't want to exercise or I'm craving something bad. It really makes me prioritize and think about what I REALLY want.
    4. I love traveling, so my best friend and I are planning a trip which involves flying in May. She is small so a flight will be no big deal for her. But for me, as I am right now, will be incredibly uncomfortable. So I am trying to use this trip as one more way to keep focused. I REALLY don't want to be humiliated and uncomfortable for a 4 hour flight!

Finally: this may be your millionth start, but you're still trying and that is what matters.

If you want an accountability buddy feel free to add me! The more the merrier!
    Good luck, you got this!

My 600 pound life, I though I was the only one who watched that for inspiration :)
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Coming here is a good start. It's OK to take baby steps. You don't have to overhaul your whole life tomorrow.

Spend a week logging. Just see what you eat. You ought to be shocked. I know I was.

Once you have a base line, think about what you can eliminate reasonably or at least cut down. For me, I had to kick the soda. I refuse to give up my wine & I know that impedes my weight loss but it's a lifestyle so I have to tweak it to make it fit me.

I read something about a 3 bite rule. Doesn't really fit MFP because it's not weighed & measured but if you can limit yourself to only taking 3 bites out of whatever decadent thing you want, instead of eating the whole thing, you will be on track to loss.

Once you have some idea about what you are eating & what you can eliminate . . . even if it's only 1 less _____ per day, it's a start, . . . then focus on where you can add exercise / movement. Can you walk after dinner? Can you at least park the farthest away so you are forced to walk to your office or the grocery store?

Master the little changes, then work on the big ones. Keep posting here. You will get there. Your journey may simply be longer. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It helps me to have small goals, like lose 10 pounds. It feels really good to think "yay, I met that goal". I also read a LOT to learn what I need to change, I read over and over about the food scale, and finally bought one when I hit a period when I was having trouble moving the scale. It worked and makes me feel more in control. So try different things and see what works for you! You can do this :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Friends are good, but don't forget to go on the forums and/or build a "weight loss tribe" for yourself. Research has shown that having a community that supports what you are doing helps people succeed.