Fitness Watches/Bands

Options
Hi! I currently have a Gear Fit 2. I got it through a promotion from buying my Note 7. I've read a lot of reviews and I'm unsure on opening it and using it. I've read that it isn't that accurate. Anyone have one? How is your experience with it and how do you get it to sync if you can with MFP? Any recommendations on a good one if I try to sell this one and get a new one? I'd prefer one that can sync with mfp easily and I know the Gear Fit 2 doesn't do that or its a pain to do, another reason why I'm thinking of selling it and replacing it with something else. I really like the look of it. I've had a fitbit before, a couple of them and I'm leaning towards getting another one of those. It has to be a watch. I can't do clip ons as I tend to wash them!

What I'm looking for:
Something That's decently accurate
Counts steps while I'm pushing a stroller
Looks cute - or not too bulky
Steps/Distance/Stairs
I DONT care about heartrate sensors.
I DONT care about GPS but would be a bonus
I would like it to have smart tracking.
I would prefer wireless syncing
Decent battery life
Being able to be notified and read a text from phone would be a bonus as well, but not needed.

Thanks!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Exchange it for a fire extinguisher and a high quality smoke alarm. Trust me on this
  • Emelade
    Emelade Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If your talking about the Note 7 yes I am well aware of the battery issue. Thats not what I'm posting about though. Im looking at smartwatches and opinions on the Gear Fit 2.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    maybe go to craigslist and try to exchange it for a 256gb memory card?
  • KirbyFortin1
    KirbyFortin1 Posts: 49 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have the FitBit Blaze and I really like it:

I feel it is rather accurate, and it adjusts its stride length as you use GPS during walking/running exercises.
    Never done it, so cannot comment
    Square watch face with simple colored band (standard) but they sell other bands that are fancier or 'cute'
    Steps/Distance/Stairs
    Yes, measures all of these
    DOES have a heart rate senor
    Tethers to the GPS in your phone if you start a walking or running exercise
    Do you mean it automatically tracks exercises if you forget to hit start? If so, yes, it does this based on thresholds you set (but WON'T have GPS data attached unless you manually start it yourself)
    Syncs easily and quickly over blue tooth with my iPhone.
    Decent battery life
    I get 4-5 days easily on a full charge, and it does not take long to fully charge once the battery gets low
    Being able to be notified and read a text from phone would be a bonus as well, but not needed.
    New update allows text, call, calendar alerts as well as the option to get app alerts from apps that push messages to your phone (Facebook, even FitBit messages, etc)

I have had it for maybe 6 months and love it.

(edit for typos :))
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Emelade wrote: »
    Hi! I currently have a Gear Fit 2. I got it through a promotion from buying my Note 7. I've read a lot of reviews and I'm unsure on opening it and using it. I've read that it isn't that accurate. Anyone have one? How is your experience with it and how do you get it to sync if you can with MFP? Any recommendations on a good one if I try to sell this one and get a new one? I'd prefer one that can sync with mfp easily and I know the Gear Fit 2 doesn't do that or its a pain to do, another reason why I'm thinking of selling it and replacing it with something else. I really like the look of it. I've had a fitbit before, a couple of them and I'm leaning towards getting another one of those. It has to be a watch. I can't do clip ons as I tend to wash them!

What I'm looking for:
    Steps/Distance/Stairs
    Decent battery life

Thanks!

Nothing wrist based will work. Wrist Based Pedometers are nothing more that accelrometers that pick up forward and backwards motion as steps. Because most people do swing their arms when they walk.

You're going to need something like the Jawbone Up, or the Fitbit one to suit your needs.....
  • hydeaway62
    hydeaway62 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The best fitness tracker is ......... the one you have and use. Mindfulness of your daily activities and comparison from day to day are what's important. I have an Apple Watch and love it. Before that, I had a Pebble and loved it.
  • 2013allen
    2013allen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin forerunner 735 and its the best ever for reals. it tracks sleep, steps, heartrate through the wrist (but it can connect to a chest strap). The great thing about the HR monitor is that is tracks your exact calories burned during the day. it automatically syncs with myfitnesspal apps and does smart notifications through bluetooth. It checks the weather for you and when you're not racing/syncing the battery lasts four or five days. It looks great too... I have the aqua and navy blue one.
  • Ainevethe
    Ainevethe Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have the Gear Fit2 and love it so far (a week in). It *is* reasonably accurate for me, but every body is different. That said, I'm really enjoying mine! Love the GPS accuracy, and that I can toggle bluetooth, wifi and gps on and off. The sleep tracking is decent too. Even the food tracking is pretty decent believe it or not, but I would prefer MFP as I have used it a long time. If only there were integration with S Health... sigh.