Any gastric bypass MFP's on here?

Options
lorigug9364
lorigug9364 Posts: 28 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I had gastric bypass in 2012. I am wondering if there is anyone else on here that has also had gastric bypass that could help me to get to losing weight again. My problem is that I never feel hungry.

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this negatively but if you never feel hungry, how have you managed to eat enough to gain weight?
  • hlektra28
    hlektra28 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    probably she doesn't feel hungry because of the bypass one bite is enough ... to feel full but if you have a bypass don't you lose already ?
  • lorigug9364
    Options
    Trigden1991...

I do not take your comment negatively. I have not gained any weight since my gastric bypass surgery. I fluctuate a couple pounds like every woman does. I was just wondering if anyone that may have had gastric bypass could be on here and is "stuck" like I am. Thank you.
  • lorigug9364
    Options
    Hlektra28...for everyone's information, I have already lost over 80 pounds! I am disabled due to a low back injury and it is difficult for me to kick start losing weight again. I have been through some stressful situations and now I am just concentrating on me and what my body needs. Why do people have to seem so negative when responding? I am not a negative person and please don't be offended by me. I only speak how I feel.
  • de7inhim
    de7inhim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the bariatriceating.com for the Back On Track program? Many have been successful restarting their tool. Best to you!! Have you considered water exercise as you only have 10% plus water resistance. Great for my arthritis and my 60# loss
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Trigden1991...

I do not take your comment negatively. I have not gained any weight since my gastric bypass surgery. I fluctuate a couple pounds like every woman does. I was just wondering if anyone that may have had gastric bypass could be on here and is "stuck" like I am. Thank you.

Thanks for clarifying. I do not have any experience with gastric bypass's so cannot comment in detail however the basic of CICO still apply.
  • hlektra28
    hlektra28 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I didn't ask in an offending or negative way , sorry if you take it like that but since you said that you had a gastric bypass in 2012 I assume that is easier for you to lose weight because I had a similar surgery but it failed at the end but I did lose a lot of weight but when failing I gain all back .
  • lorigug9364
    Options
    Hlektra,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not have good results with your similar surgery. I wish it would have gone well for you, similar to my experience anyway. I do not feel as if I have failed in any way as I have successfully lost over 80 pounds so far and am back on track to losing more yet.
  • lorigug9364
    Options
    Hlektra,

It was very easy to lose the weight that I did lose at first, but then due to the way I never really feel hungry, I have actually turned my metabolism way down to hardly working at all. I am trying to learn how to eat properly all over again and I have been told already that if I lose another 20 pounds in 9 weeks and quit smoking ( which I did September 14, 2016) that I will be able to have the skin reduction surgery that is medically necessary due to having skin issues and infections.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @lorigug9364, I thought I had read a comment about MFP gastic bypass groups. So I went and did a group search. There are a bunch of support groups .... here is one: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband Good luck to you!
  • lorigug9364
    Options
    Thank you so very, very much. I greatly appreciate it.

Lori