Feeling great but worried...

Options
I just got started again on Monday and I'm already down 2 lbs and I'm feeling really motivated. However I have a girls weekend planned for next weekend. We will be doing a wine tour in Traverse City Michigan starting in the late morning! lol. There's 7 of us, we've had it planned for weeks and I've really been looking forward to it but I'm concerned it's going to throw me off. How do you all handle situations like this without falling off the wagon?

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    I just got started again on Monday and I'm already down 2 lbs and I'm feeling really motivated. However I have a girls weekend planned for next weekend. We will be doing a wine tour in Traverse City Michigan starting in the late morning! lol. There's 7 of us, we've had it planned for weeks and I've really been looking forward to it but I'm concerned it's going to throw me off. How do you all handle situations like this without falling off the wagon?

well, you have lost water weight only in 4 days. don't sweat the weekend. just enjoy it and start over monday. if you have the option of eating low cal/high lean protein and salads etc, then do that. make good food choices. maybe just have a little less wine each stop that maybe you would have in the past.

The big failure in weight loss is that people restrict themselves to a point that they never intend to sustain long term, then when they ramp back up to "normal" the weight comes back. You can enjoy life..you must enjoy life. so enjoy the weekend, give yourself that liberty. just be better than you used to be by making reasonable choices.

worse case scenario............ you totally blow it...why on earth would that keep you from restarting monday? this weight loss journey was going to take longer than a week anyway.........so just keep going.

you will need to log your food intake and you really must use a food scale. you can't "eyeball" it and you can't rely on food labels. so get at it and don't stop! ever. this is a life change. be determined that it is.
  • bloodblackstone
    bloodblackstone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    2 day weekend?

Easy. Treat it as a cheat day. Also use your calculator to check out your wine.

Make up the missing protien, through your food
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 2lbs start! Eat a healthy breakfast that morning before you go, so you at least start off the day well and not starving. Maybe bring along some protein bars you can have when you are starting to get hungry to hold you over so you don't overdo it at dinner.

Wine taste and have a glass, but drink lots of water in between. When you eat out, look for the grilled or baked chicken or fish options. Veggies. Maybe pick one dinner to order whatever, enjoy it. Smaller portions. And then for your other meals, you can always ask for no added seasonings, oils, etc. It's really up to you and how strict you want to be, or how much you want to relax on your eating.

Whatever you do, enjoy the time with your friends, and just get right back on it on Monday!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    It's in our nature to worry about high calorie events, but honestly the best thing you can do is just stick to your program. Even if you take a break for a meal or two, log it, and go on. The worst thing you can do is give up completely just because you had a bad day, or weekend. It's impossible to gain a whole lot of weight in a couple days. Worst thing you can do is likely just gain a bunch of water/waste weight. The next week just get back into your program and work it off. Keep in mind that is what we all have to learn to do going forward. Diets should be used to lose the weight then gain it all back again, rinse and repeat. It's hard on the body. We should not look at this as a diet, we should look at this as a new way of life. Once you hit your goals slowly work up to your maintenance calories, and learn what you can or can't do to gain/lose weight. Over time you will be able to leave the logging behind and maintain your health. At least that's the way I look at it.
  • ds41980
    ds41980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had the same situation as you and I ended up eating whatever I wanted for 3 days. As soon as I got home I weighed myself and had gained 1 pound. I got back on track that very day and by 2 days I was back to baseline.
  • kittycatsurovy1022
    kittycatsurovy1022 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You need to enjoy life. Your diet is not going to be lost from one weekend. Just take things in moderation. Still enjoy the wine without drinking multiple glasses. Take away one thing from each meal you eat to save 100+ calories for the wine a day. Minus the butter, the mayo, the cheese, different dressing, half of a bun, etc. you will end up resenting your diet and stop if you give up your happiness. Have fun!