I miss me! The 150 lb me, that is.

Options
I am 48. I have plenty of excuses for why I've packed on the pounds. The office job. The new, much younger wife, who loves beer and burgers, and doesn't have to worry about her weight. And, my personal favorite, hormonal imbalances! I am on HRT and thyroid meds.
I think it comes back to the fact that I can't get motivated anymore. I used to spend hours a week at the gym. I used to eat for sustenance, not satisfaction. I used to be full of energy, and love walking past mirrors!
I just want to be there again

Replies

• ddubbikermom
    ddubbikermom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im working on it too! Feel free to add me!
  • eandbmom
    eandbmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and in a similar situation. Feel free to add me.
  • latrobe163
    latrobe163 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    150 where you at???
    I see her!
    Hey Girl!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Same here, I seem to be having trouble adding friends? I've returned after a long break and the sites different anyway plus add me if u can, thanks
  • MrsHart2012
    MrsHart2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I miss the 150 lb me as well and I have most of the same excuses. It is such a battle that I feel like I can't win but I want it so bad. I just want to feel better and look better. My 30s seemed to be downhill for me so as I approach 39 I am hoping to end my 30s and start my 40s a healthier and happier me. I try every single day. I do believe if I do NOT quit then I canNOT fail! Therefore, I just keep going.
  • invermont25
    invermont25 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I miss the 150lb me too. Mostly because it took me 4 years and 85lbs of weight loss to get to that 150lb body. Problem is now I have 30 lbs again to lose to get back there. A job switch to weekend night shift to facilitate going back to nursing school is a huge part of it but I just can't get myself back in the game. I'm 41, married, 2 kids (10 and 13), work Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12 night shift and go to school during the week....I still log in here nearly daily and attempt to track because I'm stubborn and refuse to give up. Binge eating after work kills me. I'm too tired to see what I'm really doing or what its effect is going to be...
    Feel free to add me.
  • dinipoco
    dinipoco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I also miss the 150 lb me. Have about 40 to loose to get back there and am just one week into the journey back. My excuses are too numerous to list but I feel as though I hit my "rock bottom" again. I have the thyroid issues so when I lost the weight a few years ago it was difficult but I'm ready to give it a go hopefully for the last time.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. got about 30 pounds to go after losing 25 to be that person again. Feel free to add me!!!
  • charis2979
    charis2979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I haven't been 150lbs since I was a child. Maybe around the age of 12. My entire teenage years and adult life have been lived over 150lbs. However, 150 is right around my goal. I've been logging for 50 days as of today and working out for 60. I'm down 14 so far and will need lots of support as I start school again in September. Feel free to add me!
  • scooks75
    scooks75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am turning 60 next April. I too miss the 150 lb me. So, that is my goal..lose 30 lbs by April 20th!. I work 3 12 hour shifts in the hospital. When I come home I'm so tired I head for the chips, junk. It seems as though even when I'm really conscientious, the scale doesn't move. I lose motivation and feel what the hell..I don't know how to join a group so please add me?
    Sarah
  • kheath3362
    kheath3362 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here. Thyroid issue and menopause what a combo???? I struggled with my weight and medical issues for the pass five years. I was depress but I refuse to admit it. Now I been working out 5 days a week for 1 1/2 hours with 1250 calorie daily diet. I would get on the scale to see a loss of 1 or 2 pound then become upset and discouraged each week. BUT now I refuse to get on the scale just go by my clothing size "Per My Trainer" because I am developing muscle (it weighs more than fat) I know that but I want the scale display the same thing my dress size shows. But it doesn't. So dress size it is to keep myself positive. My current size 10. My current waist 30.5 inches My current weight 177lbs which is a huge change for me since last year size 14 and weighing 190++ lbs.
    My goal is 8/10 dress size 29 inch waist. Notice I dropped the weight because I am going with the mind set the weight does not matter if the clothing size is your goal. "Per My Trainer" i still would like to see the scale show 150 but I won't torture myself until I can actually fit a size 8 then only then will I get on the scale.
    Good luck ladies. Feel free to add me. I use fitbit one as well as myfitnesspal.
  • jennys275
    jennys275 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to join, but I have much in common with all of you! Please add me. I also have thyroid issues, fatigue, and just general lack of motivation. I have done weight watchers probably at least 4 times in the past, with success getting to goal and lifetime once. Of course that was almost 10 years ago. Lots of life changes since then but I need to stop using that as an excuse...I am wanting to lose 60 lbs. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'm a sugar addict.
  • BluenoserGal
    BluenoserGal Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Am 47 and in the same boat. Have lost 43 lbs this year, with 50 more to go. Just started HRT to fight the night sweats and hot flashes. Had a hysterectomy two years ago, they left me with one ovary which seems to have shriveled up and died. I am afraid that HRT will slow my weight loss. I hope not. I have a personal trainer and go to the gym 3x week, walk 5k+ the other days. Feel free to add me! Love to meet new people on here and provide support when needed.
  • Derek_McC
    Derek_McC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I understand. I am 48 also and had to get motivated recently. I got the MFP app and started logging everything and started back riding my bike. That was just about 2.5 months ago. This place has been very helpful to me.