Halfway there 43 down /40 to go

Options
So I started MFP more than 2 years ago, but only got serious last November. I had a bout of sciatica that really scared me - I could barely move. I've had sciatica since I was pregnant for Boy#1 21 years ago, but NEVER this bad. I attributed it to my size. I was 234, am 5'4" and wore size 22.

I said, enough is enough - went and joined a gym to strengthen my core and the rest of me to try to prevent that from happening again. I also stopped eating bread, flour, rice, sugar and potatoes. Protein and salads. Protein shakes. I have treated myself occasionally but no longer eat the entire 'family size' bag of potato chips in one sitting.

It has been a long slog - I often get frustrated when the scale doesn't move, but I persevere, one day at a time. Am battling aging as well as perimenopause symptoms (OBGYN issues finally resolved). I fluctuate between 1200 cal/day to 1650.

I go to the gym 3x week, 2x with my trainer, and walk 5k on the non-gym days.

This time next year I hope to post my FINISHED success story. Sorry the pics aren't great, but I hope they serve to tell some of my story.

Feel free to send me a friend request.

SW - 234 (or larger, stopped weighing)
CW - 190

Ssize - 22 or 2XL
Csize - 14 or L/M

BMR 1480
TDEE 2060

Daily calorie goal ~ 1650. 1200 on occasion.

This time last year:

c6d0jx4crqyz.jpg

csoltqe1uf17.jpg

This summer:

fycuxz7224lr.jpg

8pi03o88g8bh.jpg

Replies

• fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great work so far!
  • gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/2 way as well, came here looking for external help with motivation - and got it! Nice job, and thanks for sharing.
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great progress...keep working hard!
  • pjw400
    pjw400 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks for helping us stay focus.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!
  • shawnele
    shawnele Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • pkhalid786
    pkhalid786 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I hope you reach your goal!!!
    I also suffer from sciatica. We'll have for over a year now. I'm also trying to lose weight in hopes it will help and I feel better.
    I wanted to know since you started working out if you have seen any improvement on your sciatica?
  • karen110567
    karen110567 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your story is similar to mine - you can be my inspiration. Friend request on the way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!