Scarsdale Diet

Options
Has anyone tried this? There are two phases. In the first phase, one must eat no more than 700 calories a day for 14 days. The second phase allows more calories and also lasts for 14 days. One must then repeat the diet until one's goal weight is achieved.

Does anyone want to try it with me?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Good lord. No. VLCD are against the rules here too... That just sounds awful.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to eat only 700 calories a day???
  • airforceman1979
    airforceman1979 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No just no don't do that to your body
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    VLCD is only for people who are morbidly obese. This doesn't seem like a good diet for most people.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The part where you torture yourself for 14 days is useless.

You can try 5:2 intermittent fasting where you only go that low for two non-consecutive days out of the week. That seems much more manageable.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Boy this diet is dated (1970's) - low carb & low fat.

There is quite a bit more knowledge about nutrition now than in the 1970's......no, just no.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    where does it say only 700 calories? I looked it up and I dont see where it says that. it does say to cut out certain foods(1st red flag), the second is saying you can lose a lb a day(2nd red flag), and it says if not full eat as much meats/fruits as you want? that can easily add up to more than 700 calories. stupid diets like this are not sustainable and I dont know how they get you can lose a lb a day(unless its water weight and it will come back) but eating as much meat and fruits and you want? for some they will be overeating. another fad diet. avoid it at all cost
  • TeaBea
    Options

You can try 5:2 intermittent fasting where you only go that low for two non-consecutive days out of the week. That seems much more manageable.

Yes - but the other 5 days are MAINTENANCE. I'm pretty sure that's not what the OP is looking for. 5:2 doesn't even qualify as a very low calorie diet.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    it also says 10. Don't stay on the Diet more than fourteen days. and The Scarsdale Diet calorie totals are between 850 and 1000 a day during the SMD and between 1000 and 1200 during Keep Trim? how do they know if the people arent weighing all these fruits and meats they say you can have unlimited portions of? lol such a joke this diet is
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Yes - but the other 5 days are MAINTENANCE. I'm pretty sure that's not what the OP is looking for. 5:2 doesn't even qualify as a very low calorie diet.

I didn't say they were similar. Just trying to point them in another direction.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    No... just no.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

I didn't say they were similar. Just trying to point them in another direction.

That's true. 5:2 would be a huge improvement.
This discussion has been closed.