CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD (ACCEPTING MEMBERS)

Options
CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD

I. INTRO - JULY 11TH 2011
II. WELCOME SURVIVORS
III. RULES/GUIDELINES/STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW
IV. TEAMS
V. GRAPHICS & CRAP (coming soon)

I. INTRO - JULY 11TH 2011-

"...you are not alone... zzztt-safety is near. Please reach us... safety... food, protection... zzzt... last chance... evacuation.... zzzzzzttttz... shhhhhhhhhhhhhh... only ten individuals... shhhhzt... shhhhhh zzzzzt ... Repeat! Last ch -shhh... final evacuation is -sszzzt- October 24th... shhhhhhhhzt...shhhhh... decontamination will leave no survi-shhhhh ztshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhzt."

It started small. You read in the news about riots braking out in small towns and villages. Easily it was dismissed by the hustle and bustle of your daily life. Even the most prepared individuals found limited coverage of the pandemic sweeping the planet due to hushed media coverage. But one day it wasn't in the news anymore, it was out on your street breaking in your front door. The infection spread quickly and ravaged towns, cities and countries.

YOU have survived the initial chaos of the outbreak bunkered down with ten other individuals- these are your team mates. The ten of you must reach safety at a military camp which broadcasted a broken signal over a small radio found within your team's hide. The message claims to offer safety, food, and protection not only from the horde but also from decontamination but only offers enough space for ten individuals. You must beat out the other team to survive.

----

II. Welcome Survivors!

Seeing as Halloween is approaching in the next few months along side the inevitable zombie apocalypse at any given time it seems like myfitnesspal is ready for a good ol' fashioned zombie apocalypse challenge. Except we're doing a little twist on this whole competition idea by not only throwing in blood thirsty, cannibalistic hordes of the undead but also putting a little more creative work on the part of the team captains so those hordes actually are chasing you... well not really but through a stream of text they are and that is about as close as we can get until the real thing goes down.

We will be presenting you with scenarios alongside your weekly challenges that present before you to help with the motivation and fun of the whole challenge. Not only is this a weight loss challenge but it is also an exercise challenge for those out there already at their goal weight, not concerned about their weight, intimidated by a weight loss challenge or hate watching the scale (such as myself). THIS CHALLENGE IS FOR EVERYONE! Why? Because we need to be preparing for the zombie apocalypse... duh. =]

III. RULES/GUIDELINES/STUFF YOU SHOULD KNOW:

1. NO CHEATING. Seriously people, its not like we're going to hunt you down to find out if your fibbing but if we find out you will be booted from the team. Its pretty lame if you're lying on a little online competition that is aimed to help you. Not to mention you'd only be hurting yourself.

2. WEIGH-INS AND CHECK INS. are Mondays from July 11th to October 24th. So that makes this challenge a 15 week competition which, honestly, is a good amount of time for people to reach their goal weights/goal fitness level/whatever you kids are doing these days.You don't check in one week then you are penalized a pound. If you know you are going away or cannot reply one week please notify your captain of the week or whatever and we'll make sure you'll be excepted. If you go two weeks without a notification sent to a captain then you will be booted off the team.

4. ACCEPTING/NOT ACCEPTING NEW INDIVIDUALS. When the teams reach 10 members each we close the teams. If demand rises for a third team to be added then we'll add a third team. If someone is booted off the team then we will be more than happy to open up and accept a new member into that slot.

5. GRADING. Seeing as we want this to be fair for all individuals the teams will be graded in a little unusual manner. Members will go off of their own weight loss percentage (so the weight they have lost from their total weight will be added into the teams... er... fat pot). This will account for 50% of the total team's grade. The other 50% will come from the physical challenges (remember people we are preparing for the zombie apocalypse) where each person is able to gain 10 points each week by doing the challenge.

6. CHATTING ON TEAM/MAIN THREADS. Please do so! Make friends. Build a support system. Besides chopping/shooting off imaginary zombie heads that's the fun of this thing. This is not some roleplaying game but this isn't intended to only be something where you talk about zombies either (although always welcome!).

7. JOINING!!! Please message me about joining and please include your starting weight. I'll try to read the thread but people might get skipped and blah blah blah. So if you just simply message me it'll be a lot easier and cleaner. People who message me about joining will get first dibs over those posting on the thread to join. If you are accepted you will be sent a message in return stating which team you will be sorted into and please add your team captain. On July 11th at 11pm you will receive a message presenting you with the link to your team's thread and any other nonsense we decide to throw in there.

IV. TEAMS
TEAM 1- Ranged: Packing Heat (10 members)
1. CAPTAIN mrtentaclenun (SW: coming)
2. sbrown6 (SW: 232lbs)
3. glittermouse (SW: 271lbs)
4. LadyTep (SW: 140lbs)
5. mousumi30 (SW: coming)
TEAM 2- Melee: Bludgeoned and Butchered (10 members)
1. CAPTAIN ACowboyKid (SW: 194lbs)
2. manny_bee (SW: coming)
3. hush7hush (SW:183lbs)
4. sweetseraph7 (SW: 287lbs)
5. maremare312 (SW: 267.4lbs)

V. GRAPHICS & CRAP.

coming soon

Replies

• sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am soooo into this! Just finished watching season one of The Walking Dead and can't get enough of the zombies. THis would give me my zombie fix until season 2 starts in October!!!
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    This is kinda cool... is it open to everyone?
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Looks really cool =]
  • ACowboyKid
    ACowboyKid Posts: 142
    Options
    Yes this is open to everyone. This is pretty much geared so everyone can succeed instead of only just people who can shed pounds super fast.

And I'm so flipping excited for season 2 of the Walking Dead! I was so stoked when I heard rumors it'd becoming out early in July but then super bummed when it actually didn't happen. Haha.
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    I'M IN!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Sounds so fun, just sent my message!
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Awesome. You guys should all have received emails back and I put your names in the slots up there ^. If I miss sending friend requests to any of you guys go ahead and add me. It'll just make it easier to keep in touch with you guys.
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    UPDATED TEAMS LIST! 10 slots still available.
    Just a little shuffle upon request and updated starting weights. Apparently I'm stupid and didn't realize that I can't update posts after an hour.

IV. TEAMS
    TEAM 1- Ranged: Packing Heat (10 members)
    1. CAPTAIN mrtentaclenun (SW: coming)
    2. sbrown6 (SW: 232lbs)
    3. glittermouse (SW: 271lbs)
    4. LadyTep (SW: 140lbs)
    5. mousumi30 (SW: 230lbs)
    6. sweetseraph7 (SW: 287lbs)

TEAM 2- Melee: Bludgeoned and Butchered (10 members)
    1. CAPTAIN ACowboyKid (SW: 194lbs)
    2. manny_bee (SW: coming)
    3. hush7hush (SW:183lbs)
    4. maremare312 (SW: 267.4lbs)
    5. Faete (SW: 154lbs)
    6. missxchelly (SW: coming)
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    OH, this is gonna be fun (=
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sounds splendid :)
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    I hope it turns out to be both!

I'm off to explore the underbelly of the internet now kiddies. Keep those joining messages coming guys.

8 SPOTS LEFT.
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It would be good to be on the survivors side of the fence for a change. ;o)
    Message sent. (Let's hope that messages work when using my phone for the interwebs!)
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    bump

*stuffs clothing into a pack, slings canteen over shoulder*

Team 1, ya'll ready for this?!
  • Section117_Zolos
    Options
    Sent you my message!

Sounds fun!
  • verlouria
    verlouria Posts: 21
    Options
    I would love to play, but I am going out of town middle of this coming week, and then the following week for 2 weeks. I will have very limited access to a scale much less the internet. :-(
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Im so in!!!! ♥♥♥
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    message sent ready to kick some zombie butt, can't wait to start tomorrow :)
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    sounds like a lot of fun!
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Competition and a group of teammates to support you. This is a really cool idea.
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Alright team ranged, you guys ready? Super excited to do this competition. Please add me everyone on my team so we can keep track of eachother, help motivate, and I can remind you guys of challenges. Ill be working on the graphics and should have them done by Monday. Amanda (acowboykid) and I have a lot of really cool challenges prepared for you guys! I hope you have fun :)