Thigh and hips fat how to loose?

Options
Kellymarie203
Kellymarie203 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi ive been working hard doing cardio on a cross trainer every day i have gone from 11 stone to 9.6 im finding it hard to reduce my fat/celulite on my legs and hips and these seen to be my problem areas i feel ive done good so far buy have been stuck with these parts right now and if any one had any good result exercises they can recomend or any help as i want to tone and get rid of that extra bit so i can start seeing mucle tone on the top my legs and reduce my hips.

Replies

• kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Unfortunately, there is no way to spot reduce fat from certain body parts. Your body will lose fat as it sees fit while you lose weight. Just keep up your good work and, eventually, you will see results in your thighs and hips as well.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I carry every ounce of spare fat on my thighs and *kitten* (saddle bags urgh) cellulite the lot. I finally saw movement of the fat after every little bit was gone from everywhere else! It sucks that I have to get to unhealthy looking on my upper to see much on my bottom. Basically I'm saying the same as above. All you can do is do overall body conditioning and get some muscles under the fat. People comment on my abs , not my jiggly bum so who cares right?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Eating less, moving more plus time. That said you sound like you aren't overweight so perhaps it's time to eat more and lift weights and dial back the cardio if it is a matter of getting the shape you want.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    The only way for me to slim my hips and thighs is too lose enough body weight. When i reach that point im very thin in my top half though.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! The only way to get that off is to keep going. There is no such thing as spot loss or hitting a particular area. Fat comes off based on genetics, etc. Unfortunately for women it more often than not comes off the hips and thighs last. Guts and love handles for us guys. Not always but more often than not. Just keep at it and you will lose it over time.
  • bloodblackstone
    bloodblackstone Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Squats
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce...you just have to keep cutting...genetics has a lot to do with where you will lose fat first and last...generally speaking, primary fat stores come off last...for men, that's usually the gut...it sometimes is for women as well, but for women primary fat stores is often the hips, thighs, and glutes...first on, last off.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Eating less, moving more plus time. That said you sound like you aren't overweight so perhaps it's time to eat more and lift weights and dial back the cardio if it is a matter of getting the shape you want.

This^

Cardio is great for heart & lungs. But strength training shapes your body.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hi ive been working hard doing cardio on a cross trainer every day i have gone from 11 stone to 9.6 im finding it hard to reduce my fat/celulite on my legs and hips and these seen to be my problem areas i feel ive done good so far buy have been stuck with these parts right now and if any one had any good result exercises they can recomend or any help as i want to tone and get rid of that extra bit so i can start seeing mucle tone on the top my legs and reduce my hips.

There's no way to "spot reduce" fat, BUT you can incorporate heavy lifting in order to keep muscle mass while you are cutting calories and dropping the weight. If you focus on low-calorie diet + cardio, you tend to lose a lot of muscle mass in the process. Incorporate lifting and you can maintain some of what you already have, then in the long-run the appearance of cellulite will reduce and any loose skin will be less likely to appear since you are keeping a strong, firm base for your body. Squats, deadlifts, leg press, hip thrusts, etc. are all great ways to improve the look of legs.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Run Forest run!!!!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Me too. Squats and running help.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Continue to lose weight and incorporate strength training.. YES TO SQUATS! YES TO RUNNING!
  • sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Depending on whether or not you're already considered a healthy weight for your height, you may want to continue cutting while adding in strength training or do a body re-composition. As others have said, you can't spot reduce when it comes to fat. The body loses where it wants. You *can* change your aesthetics however by incorporating a progressive lifting program into your routine. Look into Strong Curves or Stronglifts 5x5. Both are good beginner programs for weight lifting.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options

This is the longest sentence ever.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

This is the longest sentence ever.

....its for cardio, will be out of breath at the end. I try to read at least 30 unpunctuated forum posts a day to stay in good shape.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Can't spot reduce but my *kitten* and legs are the best I've ever known due to heavy squats, deads, lunges, barbell hip thrusts, step ups and general progressive lifting
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    My *kitten* is not the best I've ever known, but my *asrdvark* might be
  • skyhowl
    skyhowl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Can't spot reduce but my *kitten* and legs are the best I've ever known due to heavy squats, deads, lunges, barbell hip thrusts, step ups and general progressive lifting

I have to ask this, but how long did it take for you to see results? and do you follow a certain routine for lifting? i've just started lifting so i am wondering how hard is it to get any results...
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Couldn't tell looking back

9 months to drop 55lbs plus lifting and just ended up looking better ...another year and a half and my *aspisdistra* has rounded back out, and I like my legs which is a first in my life

It's weight loss and muscle development that leads to tight and firm ..which at my age is pretty cool

It's also addictive