Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hi All- I am curious to know if anyone has a recommendation on a heart rate monitor. I did some research and there are so many out there. Thought I'd ask the pro's :) price isn't really an issue, i just want to see what everyone is using out there to get some ideas!

Replies

• HazelAngelstar
    Options
    coincidently I was also having a look yesterday at HRMs ... and had no idea whether a cheaper version would be just as effective, as for me cost is an issue. xxx
  • trinity77
    trinity77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i'm using a polar ft4. i found it on ebay for £50. it's dead easy to use and the strap is pretty comfortable. the watch shows your current heart rate, you can choose a target heart rate zone and it logs time spent working out and calories burnt. i think the more expensive polar hrm do more stuff and allow you to adjust more settings though.
  • JannineOwen
    JannineOwen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hi,

i recently bought the polat FT4 after lots of recommendations from people here, i've only had a few days and only had chance to use it 3 times but i already love it, its so easy to use and is a valuable bit of kit when on a calorie contolled diet. i paid £50 with free delivery from Amazon for the bronze female version, i'm in the UK.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM with a chest strap which I got from either Aldi or Lidl for less than £20 (can't remember exactly, it was a few years ago).

They don't have them in all the time and they're probably not as all-singing-all-dancing as a Polar FT4 or FT7, but mine does everything I need it to do. I can monitor my HR (obviously), set my training zone, use it as a pedometer etc

I was in a branch of Lidl yesterday and they had some in, so there is either a current promotion or one due to start soon, I guess.

ETA, Lidl appear to have them in from tomorrow. £12.99...
  • hunterdog
    hunterdog Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ive heard the polar ft4 is really good. thanks for the responses. im currently deployed overseas, running has become my release! this will be a fun treat to get in the mail. i think i am going to order the polar ft4. all the research i saw on it was great! thanks again :)
  • mbofinger
    mbofinger Posts: 7
    Options
    I have been using the Polar FT4 for a little over 3 months now & I absolutely love it! It is very easy to use, the chest strap is comfortable & easy to clean & most importantly, the monitor seems to be very accurate! It is so nice knowing exactly how many calories I am burning versus guessing. I would highly recommend the FT4!
  • mbofinger
    mbofinger Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't read your second comment. If you are running, then you probably want one of the Garmin GPS watches. My husband has the Garmin 405 & it also comes with a heart-rate monitor chest strap. It monitors your distance, pace, heart-rate, has training plans, location & it's easy to use. Just another suggestion.