ONE CUP

Options
Hi guys,

Im from the UK and need someone to clarify what a measure of one cup is....

constantly the MFP database offers a cup of mango or cup of pasta etc...i dont have a 'cup'

wat is the UK equivilant please help !

also how do u decide mini goals that are realistic to achieve?

How do u add a ticker showing how many llbs/kg u have yet to lose? can u have both on ur profile or one or the other~?

Replies

• lustyrusty
    lustyrusty Posts: 46
    Options
    You just read my mind!!! i was just about to ask what a cup was!!! Freaky!!!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    What unit of measurement do you use for volume? One cup is 8 ounces, that's about all I can tell you.
  • berchen82
    berchen82 Posts: 59
    Options
    I found these cups at amazon.com

Progressive GT-3520 International 19-Piece Measuring Cup and Spoon Set

Maybe you can order them from amazon uk or order them in the USA.

I bought some when I was in the states this year and it's really helpful :-)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Also, one cup is about 250 milliliters.
  • Lindyteach
    Lindyteach Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    In Australia a cup is 250 mils.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    2 girls, lol
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Im from the UK and need someone to clarify what a measure of one cup is....

constantly the MFP database offers a cup of mango or cup of pasta etc...i dont have a 'cup'

wat is the UK equivilant please help !

also how do u decide mini goals that are realistic to achieve?

How do u add a ticker showing how many llbs/kg u have yet to lose? can u have both on ur profile or one or the other~?

mini goals are up to you? whether you chose to lose a kilo in 2 weeks or fit in to the next size down by the end of the month or run for 2 minutes without stopping and increasing or aim to bring down ur measuments by....
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    This is a great website that gives you more detail of exactly what a cup of something weighs...

http://www.veg-world.com/articles/cups.htm
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    2 girls, lol
    Lol, I had just come in to write the exact same thing! :laugh:
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The problem is that a cup is a measure of volume and here we tend to measure weight. I do have a set of measuring spoons that measure cups from wilkinsons and were cheap. Other wise I heard a rule of thumb is a cup is what you could hold in your hands?

If in doubt I use a conversion website as you get different amounts of grams depending on what is being measured.

martyxxx
  • sarahpittaway
    Options
    I brought a measuring cup and spoon set from Tesco last week. Cost nothing and so helpful when measuring my food. I sometime think even a cup measuring is too much ! But still within range of a good portion size.