Favorite Summer Salads!

Options
grigglipuff
grigglipuff Posts: 44 Member
Mine is this corn and bean salad - I replaced peppers with cherry tomatoes and it give it extra brightness! I also replaced the Adobe with chili powder and red pepper flakes...much easier to come by!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/black-bean-corn-salad-with-chipotle-honey-vinaigrette-52854821

What are your favorite summer salad recipes?

Replies

• AngieB04
    AngieB04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! :)
  • rnnzo
    rnnzo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cucumber salad!
    Chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese tossed in balsamic
  • grigglipuff
    grigglipuff Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    rnnzo wrote: »
    Cucumber salad!
    Chopped cucumber, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese tossed in balsamic

YUM!! That sounds so fresh & yummy!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    mmmm, both sound delicious ..... I'd toss in a bit of chicken or shrimp ..... and call it dinner B)
  • thurmanfamily
    thurmanfamily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/black-bean-corn-salad-with-chipotle-honey-vinaigrette-52854821

Loved the recipe,thank you! Quick trick for the chipotle in adobo sauce since its a pain to chop each time you need it....I put the entire can, (LaCostena 7oz) in a small food processor and blend it all until it looks like a paste. (And I mean the whole can: seeds, sauce, peppers all of it. Once it's in a paste you use the amount for your hot preference.) Save it in the fridge and spoon out whatever I need for a recipe, or add it to mayo for a sandwich, or add to light sour cream with lime juice for an aoli sauce on fish. It lasts FOREVER in the fridge, though if you put it in a plastic container it does stain it a bit, so I use the same one each time I make it.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    a ton of red and yellow cherry/grape tomatoes, chopped scallions, lots of fresh parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, EVOO, salt, pepper.
    -- or --
    standby cucumber/tomato/onion
    -- or --
    no-mayo, herb-y, french potato salad (trying many variants)
    -- or --
    etc., etc., etc., ... LOL
  • izzyrhunt
    izzyrhunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Romaine lettuce, grape halves, strawberry halves, blueberries, raspberries, and pecan halves. Dressed with lemon or lime juice
  • Monisha4005
    Monisha4005 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is tomato season so I have been eating Tomato, Cucumber, Spinach, Feta with Olives
  • debwebhur
    debwebhur Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cucumber avocado chopped red or whit onion tomatoes add salt pepper a little evoo and some white balsamic Vinegar. I have also added red yellow or orange pepper. Tastes so much better with home grown tomato I have to say