Serial re-starters (like me!) - share a tip that's helped you stick with it!

Options
2»

Replies

• cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    @oliverneedsyou "Even if it takes me 2 years to reach my goal weight I'll be feeling (and looking) better and better during that 2 year span" i love that mindset! Congrats on your loss!
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I know they say not to do this, but I threw away(donated) all my fat clothes. When I took a break, I quickly ran out of stuff to wear, but I'm too poor to buy more clothes so that'll get you back to the grindstone in a hurry:)
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Make weighing and logging a habit. Regardless of how much or what you eat, weigh and log as a matter of routine, like washing your dishes or bruising your teeth
  • jenmburroughs
    jenmburroughs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a habitual start on Monday by Monday night I don't log and then the week goes by and I'm still at the same spot... I feel I need accountablity and advice on how to find that???? Lol
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I am a habitual start on Monday by Monday night I don't log and then the week goes by and I'm still at the same spot... I feel I need accountablity and advice on how to find that???? Lol

You have to prepare and be ready to do this both physically and mentally. If you cant last 24 hours, whats the issue? You gotta get a grip on that before you can be successful. This is a bit of work, and you need to focus.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    For me, realising that there is no wagon made a huge difference. Once I stopped thinking that one bad day meant everything was lost and I had to wait until next Monday morning to start again, things became a lot more manageable. Also, being less strict and knowing that it's ok to take a long time to lose the weight. Although I'm still 5-7lbs off my goal weight, I've been maintaining in this range for almost a year, which is absolutely unknown for me before.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Make friends who look at your diary and ask them to make usre your journaling. Being jointly invested in eachother's journey is so helpful! I love to look their journals and I love to get ideas. When they post workouts and
    I'm not, I feel like a slacker.

Also, join challenges. The challenges with leaders who will check up on you when you don't post are the best! There is nothing more convicting to remember what I'm doing and get my butt on a scale like someone asking why I haven't checked in and posted my progress.

The community is the BEST part of this app. I spent years on and off here just using the calorie counter, forgetting all about the calorie counter, deleting the app, hating my weight, redownloading the app, and starting the cycle again. Because I'm utilizing the community, I look forward to jumping on here. I'm engaged and I've hit my longest MFP streak ever!

I highly recommend you join the next Biggest Loser Challenge (BLC) and join the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC). @RangerRickL is awesome!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    i thought his had to do with breakfast.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. Day by day & decision by decision.

You know your needs, but for me I first focused on logging everything, every day, while exercising every other day. The next month I joined a few challenges. This is month three and I'm still here - and it's working!
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Setbacks are just setbacks, they don't need to derail the whole shebang. It's just part of the process.
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Fitbit! It's addictive! It makes me want to move a lot more and since I have it linked to mfp, my logging goes hand in hand. Love the Fitbit challenges.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Get plenty of sleep, and intermittent fasting has worked so, so well for me :)
  • fredericktambunan
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    Get plenty of sleep, and intermittent fasting has worked so, so well for me :)

Ive been intermittent fasting for about two weeks. I like it because I'm not always thinking about food and when to eat. But I do drink a lot of water. Anywho....this MFP is my accountability buddy, seeing my progress motivates me.
  • hometownglories
    hometownglories Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For me it's been 'not telling anyone'. :D I know that's like the opposite of finding an accountability partner but in my experience, once people know losing weight is your intention, they have a little too much to say and advice to give. Sometimes well intended, but there honestly is often quite a patronising 'you're fat and I'm not vibe'.

Keeping it really personal has made the experience so much more relaxing than usual that I'll actually stick with it. Same has gone for introducing workouts to my lifestyle, it's super secret.

And one day I'll walk into work transformed into an Adonis I'm sure ;)