Having patience. . .

Options
So, I have 31lbs to lose. I've been dieting and exercising for about two weeks now. I do a boot camp in the morning Monday through Friday and go to the gym on the weekends. I never go over my calories for the day and I've lost about 5lbs but I don't see a difference yet and it is so frustrating!! I know 5lbs isn't that much so my question is how long should it take for me to see a difference in myself? I'm trying to be patient but it's annoying to work so hard every day and not see any changes... I am 5ft 2 and 151lbs right now..my goal weight is 120lbs..how long will this take??

Replies

• mikevfr
    mikevfr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would view it as a years effort. Sure you can drop the weight a bit faster. However if you want it to be a permanent fix.... You need to view this as the start of a lifestyle change and not a diet.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in 2 weeks is awesome! I started being able to actually see it around 15 pounds when I was able to put on my most recent too small jeans. My favourite advice is from Dory, Just keep swimming swimming swimming
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Not what you probably want to hear...but you have to trust the process. Depending on what you have have your current goals at will determine the pace you lose..though weight loss isn't linear. If you are eating at a defecit...weighing solids..measuring liquids..in addition to exercising just continue on. Know that as you get closer to your goal weight loss will slow down as you'll be at a smaller defecit.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. It will take time. You want permanent lasting results, yes? Therefore doing it properly will take as long as it takes. Be patient with yourself and your journey..and be sure to celebrate the milestones inbetween.

For reference I lost 60 lbs from Nov 2014 to Aug 2015. I have since maintained and worked on recomp through strength training since then. You want to be slow and steady. Hope that helps!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds in total - it took me about 14 pounds for me to personally notice the difference but I am my own worst critic. You'll probably find others noticing before you do as we tend to be much harder on our own progress. 5 pounds is a fantastic loss, keep up the good work and you'll be there in no time :)
  • samilynn005
    samilynn005 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I think it's harder on me because I lost the weight before then gained it back so it's very frustrating...thanks for the positive comments (:
  • shawnele
    shawnele Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider recording your measurements. I was surorised at my progress once I did that. (I've been at this 4.5 weeks and have lost 10lbs. My clothes are just now noticibly looser.) Keep it up; you're doing great!