To Nap...or Not to Nap? That is the Question.

Options
I always feel like I need a nap after work. Do you ever feel that way?

Replies

• TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Better suited for the chit chat forum, and not the motivation and support forum.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    I always feel like I need a nap after work. Do you ever feel that way?

Nope. If I napped in the afternoon I wouldn't be able to sleep in the evening.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I live for naps.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I would never say no to a nap! I get off work at 3:30, home by about 4:15. I will sometimes nap for about 45 minutes before I have to take my kid to whatever sport he's currently doing.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,786 Member
    Options
    1 vote to move to a different forum,1 vote not to nap, 2 votes to nap. :D
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd love a nap.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I take a nap most days a week. I work very odd hours and need a nap to compensate.
  • ellielittlewood20
    Options
    I love naps!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep at night? Maybe go to bed earlier if this is every day.
    A short nap is likely fine if it doesn't mess up your sleep.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm super exhausted at the end of my work day, and I get it. But, if I slept, I wouldn't sleep at night, when it's most important for me to do so. So weirdly enough, I will grab some water and take a short walk down to our park and chase Pokemon. The fresh air is so lovely after a looooong day stuck indoors, and energizes me. If I am really, really too exhausted to even do that, I sit outside and read.
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If I need a nap, I take one (if at all possible). Sleep good. Tired bad.

If I need a nap *every* day, I look to make a change in my sleeping/caffeine/activity schedule because I would rather not feel like that every day. I have a bad habit of drinking too much caffeine because I didn't sleep well (maybe because I didn't get enough exercise or was worried about something), then not sleeping well the next night because of too much caffeine, then needing even more caffeine the following day because I'm tired, etc. and it spirals into a big mess.
  • avotarian
    avotarian Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ehj92vu9sdjt.jpeg
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,786 Member
    Options
    What's funny...well not really funny...is that after I woke up from my 30 minute nap...I got a mini migraine.... Not cool at all. :/
  • beanjo020297
    beanjo020297 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know your pain :( I feel exhausted a good 70% of my waking hours and sometime all I want to do is sleep all day, especially after work when I was on my feet for so long. I'll give myself a nap if I'm falling asleep during my commute home but otherwise I'll give myself 15 minutes on the couch to unwind then force myself to get up and be productive. It's hard but if I sleep all day I'll hate myself.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I live for naps. I work from 4 am to 2 pm on my feet and usually do nap when I get home. I have always been a napper, even when young.
    I think it makes a difference how long you nap though. The studies change a lot, saying 15 minutes is healthy, saying its not, saying 90 minutes is healthy, it's not.
    I say if you have the time for a nap and still sleep well at night and on a routine schedule, nap.