Why can't I love exercising?

Options
I am so jealous of people that LIVE to be fit. People that aren't themselves unless they get in a good workout. I thought after a while of exercising that it would become something I loved or something I needed to do to feel good but after 2 years I still hate it. I need some help! I need some friends on here who are in the same boat to help motivate me and I will try my damnedest to do the same. Let's hate working out together!....... or something.

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Don't you like the results it gives you
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What is "exercise" to you. You don't enjoy ANY sports, activities, walking through nature, walking your dog, cycling, rock climbing, etc?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I didn't to start with, but then I grew to love the results, and then I found some exercises I really enjoyed - insanity, p90x3, running and most recently cycling
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you mean by exercising? My best advise would be to try find something you like. Experiment, try different things. Do you like dancing? Try a dance based exercise or do some dance lessons. Do you like swimming? Go to your local pool and swim. Find something you like and try to make it your exercise routine, it will be easier to stick to it and stay motivated.
  • ClareGxxx
    ClareGxxx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello I feel your pain. I do it cos I know it's the best thing for my body but my head hates it. I think it's something that u either have that love ( though buried) or don't. With that in your mind u should be even more impressed with yourself that u go tho. Big up you x
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You need to find an exercise you enjoy doing :)

I generally don't like your traditional exercise. I hate lifting weights and I hate treadmill running. I discovered 'dance' and never, ever looked back. Finally something that doesn't bore me - something I actually look FORWARD to doing. That's the key - finding something that keeps you interested. Experiment with different work-out's, different exercise classes, swimming, dancing - anything. You'll find it.

Good luck
  • kristenmeleniak
    kristenmeleniak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I honestly feel the same way as you do. I really hate the gym and love my "light exercise" days where I just walk around outside. Going to workout at the gym is torture..but I do it. lol I hope we can find better alternatives eventually
  • dreamsignals
    dreamsignals Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Try rock climbing. That's what did it for me. Nowadays I get antsy if I don't at least make it to the climbing gym three times a week. I never travel without a pair of climbing shoes. I've even started doing weights to help improve my climbing.

There seems to be a climbing gym near you: http://www.boulderdashclimbing.com/
  • itzsonni
    itzsonni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate exercising. I much rather eat and sleep lol. But I can't be ugly and fat so at least I have to be ugly and fit so that's why I exercise