Jillian Michael's body revolution

Hi everyone. So this is my first post ever on here. I have been unhappy with my body for a long time but it has come to the point where I don't even want to look at myself. I'm 5'9" and 196lbs. I just finished day two of body revolution. I'm trying really hard to find motivation to keep doing it everyday. I'm definitely the type of person who is motivated by seeing other people success stories with a program. So have any of you guys done the program? What were your results? Is anyone currently doing it? Thanks!

Replies

• BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    I'm not doing the routine you are, but if you stick with it and start seeing results, THAT will motivate you. The most important thing to your success is diet. I lost over 40 lbs and have kept it off for 6 months. I started doing P90X3. After 2 weeks of exercise, i gained 2 lbs. I wasnt counting calories, and exercising made me hungry so I ate more. From there I found MFP, started counting calories and eating healthy, staying between 1200 to 1300 a day while exercising 6 to 7 days per week, and the weight fell off.

Good luck, and it's worth it!! :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    I wanted to learn to run, so I did couch to 5k and can now run for an hour or more. I know how to pace myself. I wanted to lose weight, I joined mfp, logged, and exercised. I did lots of videos like the firm, 30 day shred, etc. I wanted to get stronger, so I did strong lifts 5x5. It just depends on your goals and what you like and will stick with. I still like trying different videos, turbo jam and rockin' body being at the top for the moment.
  • evafehr8374
    evafehr8374 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm actually starting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred on Monday. I've never done the revolution but I'm a huge fan of her DVDs. Like you I'm motivated by other people's success stories. We should keep in touch to see how things are going. My advice is take it one week at a time. Plan to do it for 7 days straight then go to 14 days the 21 on just keep going
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    I finished body revolution earlier this year, lost 23 lbs even though I had to modify quite a lot of moves. I liked that the workouts get progressively harder, easing you in, and there is a lot of variety. Just as you are getting sick of a workout it is time to move to the next level.

Motivation is great but it only lasts for so long. Mark the days of each workout off in the calendar. Even if you don't feel like working out one day, remind yourself it's only 30 minutes. By the end of the first month you will have built a new habits of daily exercise.

Now it is just a part of my day and I have no problem pressing play. In fact I get quite grumpy if I have to push my workout off until later in the day! Good luck.
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    I'm pretty much a jillian michaels fanatic and have done body revolution at least 5 times over the years. I started when it originally came out years ago to lose the baby weight and after 2 rounds, lost over 20 lbs. I highly recommend that program! Good luck on your journey... you can add me as a friend if you have any more questions about anything jillian michaels :)
  • carolinelanewa
    carolinelanewa Posts: 45 Member
    Just remember 80% weight loss is diet. Take exercising slowly so you dont injure yourself. My pt would laugh at me saying this. She is always reminding me to take it easy. I have done my back doing a 200 kettle bell swing in the past. Started running and did 5km and wondered why my knees where hurting. Im sure she wanted to kill me. So take it easy, eat well and it will all come together. I have to remind myself it didnt go on overnight. Its not going to come off over night. And its even harder if yr female and in your fifties like me. Im lucky ive become pig headed to get the job done. Like one of the other posters i get grumpy now if i dont exercise and i am the ultimate lounge lizard. Good luck and e ery success with your journey.
  • benn8895
    benn8895 Posts: 29 Member
    I'm actually starting Jillian Michaels 30 day shred on Monday. I've never done the revolution but I'm a huge fan of her DVDs. Like you I'm motivated by other people's success stories. We should keep in touch to see how things are going. My advice is take it one week at a time. Plan to do it for 7 days straight then go to 14 days the 21 on just keep going

I agree! For me though it is one I definitely have to take it one day at a time. As well as one workout at a time. I would love to keep in touch however I don't know how to add friends on here. I've had this account for a long time but only in the past three days have actually been using it. I even started a group lol
  • benn8895
    benn8895 Posts: 29 Member
    Buhbee wrote: »
    I'm pretty much a jillian michaels fanatic and have done body revolution at least 5 times over the years. I started when it originally came out years ago to lose the baby weight and after 2 rounds, lost over 20 lbs. I highly recommend that program! Good luck on your journey... you can add me as a friend if you have any more questions about anything jillian michaels :)

I have no idea how to add friends on here but I have a lot of questions, could you add me?
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    My after picture was week 7 I believe and I'm approaching the last two weeks. I've lost around 17 pounds!